• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I install Acrobat Pro and Reader on same device?

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have been a CC subscriber for years, so haven't had the need for Acrobat Reader in some time. I have a client I'm designing a fillable form for, and would like to be able to view it as she will see it using Reader - so that I can walk her through the steps. If I attempt to install Reader, it automatically detects that I have Pro already installed and won't proceed. Is there a way to have both apps installed and active at the same time? 

TOPICS
How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

I was actually able to get around it by uninstalling Pro, downloading and installing Reader, then re-installing Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe decided to block this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually able to get around it by uninstalling Pro, downloading and installing Reader, then re-installing Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-02-13 191009.pngDid not work for me instead pro just failed to install afterwards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be kind...  well, be kind and stop having us create accounts just for user voice too.  Obviously, you don't want to really hear from folks, but would rather put us through hurdles to keep things quiet so you can report to the higher-ups that things are so good that there aren't many complaints.

So let this be my input that I agree with the inanity of not being able to install reader for testing forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a home user on Windows 11 and have Adobe Acrobat PRO. My wife and I both share the same desktop computer and use Acrobat to digitally sign documents. In order for this to work, we have our own Adobe IDs and in the past I used to sign in to my PRO and she signed in on the Reader. But now since I can't install both, I've been forced to install the older Reader 11 to use for my wife to sign documents, but the signature can only be stored locally because Reader 11 doesn't support Adobe ID sign in. She can't digitally sign documents with my PRO version because, of course, her ID doesn't have the PRO license and it forces the application to close. I'm furious about this and considering switching to an alternate PDF program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should not need to do this. My solution is canceling my subscription with Adobe. Going to do that right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what still might work = parallel installation of the 32-bit-version of Adobe Reader and older (full) Acrobat versions. download availabe: https://get.adobe.com/de/reader/otherversions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue.  I have Adobe Acrobat DC Pro (via Creative Cloud license) under my user account on PC, and my wife also has a user account on the PC, but it does not let me install Adobe Reader for her to open PDFs, but forces me to either start a 7-day trial for Acrobat Pro, or force me to install/use a 3rd party app.  I did attempt to install the stand-alone (32bit) Reader app, but once I attempt to use it on my PC user account, it upgrades to the full version and all aspects of reader are upgraded.

I have tried to search various places for any means to have it so Adobe Acrobat can be Reader on the one PC account, and pro on the other user account. I feel this has been possible on a Mac, and with previous versions of Acrobat when Reader and Pro were able to coexist on the PC, but do not any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past I was able to have both Reader and Acrobat Pro on my machine.  This no longer appears to work, even if I downloaded the 32-bit version of Reader.   All it did was install the McAfee software (which I did NOT want) with no option to not download and install it!  It does not appear to have occurred to Adobe that people might need to test their pdf documents on Reader after creating them with Acrobat.  I suspect I see this disreagard for the need to test in many of the bugs in Acrobat Pro (such as the Replace function inserting the new page superimposed with a rotated copy of the page as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if Adobe considered the needs of their customers. Why would you want to annoy paying Acrobat DC users by preventing them from using a free application? I can't test what users will encounter with Shared PDF reviews - an already flawed process made worse by a recent change that removes all comments when you delete a review file from Adobe Tracker. Couldn't find that in any product release notes either.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual the people trying to use the product are second priority behind competing with Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I have come up with is to stop throwing away good money with Adobe and it's useless product design team. I will use Docusign instead of Adobe Sign, then I can install Adobe Reader or any number of other apps that can read and sign PDF docs on multiple computers. Adobe cares nothing quality of their products. From every interaction I have had with their staff (and refusal to interact with cleints by forcing useless bots as the only way to directly interact with them), I can only conclude that they are deperately hoping that someone will just put them out of business already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have literally wasted tens of hours just trying to install pro.  I add the proper license to the user, they get the email, create their account and click the link FOR PRO, that IS what the link says, IT EFFING says PRO.  And EVERY effing time, they take me the Reader version.  It is infuriating...  I am so done with Adobe, if I could fire them, I would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines