Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make an electronically fillable workbook from an existing pdf

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear experts,

I have an existing catalog of children's workbooks whose illustrated activity sheets require multiple-line answers, sometimes answers on a curved path. How would I accomplish this in Acrobat?

Thanks,

Carl

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Because the lines in the image don't line up I would use individual text fields, instead of a single multi-line field.

You can add it via Tools - Forms - Prepare Form - Add New Field - Text Field.

- Adding text on a curve is not possible in a PDF form field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I have further questions. I found out the use case is for students with disabilities who would be using voice-to-type accommodations to complete the written portions of the workbook. What do you think about this use case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an accessibility instructor I can tell you that you will need to take your form a step further than prepare form. You will need to ensure that accessible <FORM> tags are added to the tags tree (the area screen readers use to interpret the page content). I am happy to give you extra instruction and there are videos on LinkedIn Learning. Happy to point you in the right directions but it would be too long to post here. Please note that accessibility for students with disabilities requires additional behind the scenes work. Feel free to reach out to me here or  on LinkedIn - Dax Castro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dax! Thanks so much for responding to me. If there are courses on Linked In (or any other resources) that would point me in the right direction I would at least like to see what's involved. As you can see from the images, the worksheets are illustrated so sometimes it involves drawing and/or and multi-line responses which wouldn't be possible for students with disabilities. I'd love to know how to make it accessible.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chad Chelius' courses on LinkedIn Learning for Accessible Forms and PDFs are a great place to start.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/advanced-accessible-pdfs/master-advanced-accessible-pdfs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Carl,

Adding to the try67 suggestions,

Please refer to the following help document for more information on creating PDF form in Acrobat: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/create-form.html.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Actually, I have further questions. I found out the use case is for students with disabilities who would be using voice-to-type accommodations to complete the written portions of the workbook. What do you think about this use case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines