• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I rotate a TEXT BOX in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I rotate a TEXT BOX in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Some times when I copy a text box from another file, it shows 90 or 180 degree rotated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. With the help of Acrobat DC's Edit tool, you can rotate an object within the PDF. Rotating a text field is something would not be possible.

Acrobat DC allows rotation for page/s of a file and rotations of an image.

If your document has something rotated 90 or 180 degree, then it would probably be an image. You may check that once again.

To rotate an image, Open PDF>Edit Tool>select the image>rotate

Did this work for you?

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

It does not work for me. I need to be able to rotate the text box for 10+ years; and still Adobe is resisting to  improve. There are lots of things that I believe customers have been requested for years; but Adobe don't care to imply.

This is the reason companies and individuals prefer and choose other (competator) software.

Adobe require to open their eyes and look around them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat must be owned by Autodesk. the same problems are continuing, yet the software developers ignore all of the user problems and requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seriously? this is Adobe's reply? wow. you would think something like rotating a string of text would be an easy thing to do.  But I have noticed, this program, I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, sounds fancy, but cant really do much, like rotate a string of text.  Unbelievable..  Adobe should take notes from Bluebeam Revu, such a nice, intuitive, PDF manipulator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating when you are redlining multiple documents and pasting a text box over and over again. Some pages it comes in formated correctly and others it randomly rotates the text box 90 degrees. Please have the programmers look into this and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack,

Thank you for reaching out.

Would you mind sharing more details about the issue?

- Share the Acrobat and OS versions.

- What do you mean by "pasting a text box over and over again"?

- Please share the complete workflow and screen recording of the steps you do that create the issue.

- Did you start experiencing this issue recently?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi,

Let me simplify this question. I ran into this issue today, for the first time. I searched and found that this question has been floating around this forum since at least 2013. No satisfactory answers.

Question: How do I rotate text or a text box?

Workflow: Open any pdf, Comment-Add Text Box, Type Text, Unanswered desire to rotate text

Some people seem to have a problem with text being rotated automatically when they cut-paste it into a pdf. However, I think the solution to all of these problems is the same. If you have trouble replicating this issue then I suggest you do the following: Open any pdf, Comment-Add Text Box, type text, attempt to rotate the text box.

Thank you,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for resurecting and old thread, but it is a problem I have had for years and I just hit on a work around.

If you are using Acrobat DC, and the pasted text box is rotated, undo the paste, then use Organise Pages to rotate the target page.

Paste the box back in again and then rotate the page back to the correct orientation.

Silly that you should have to do this, but at least it is one way to work around the problem.

Hope it helps.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stephen. This is the correct answer. The Acrobat comment tools are just embarassingly outdated. You'd think they'd at least incorporate a few limited transform tools from Illustrator. Instead it's usefulness has narrowed, meanwhile it's gotten so terribly slow and buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to rotate a comment and found this workaround. Instead of using the comment tool, I chose "Edit PDF" and used the "Add Text" option to add a text box. This type of text box allows you to rotate the contents, where a comment text box does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you William for sharing. That is a very good work-a-round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this issue continues. I have found during a review of a 400+ page drawing package (11 x 17 pages), that using the "EDIT PDF" for the text works but you can't place the text in a border and the cut and paste places the text in the wrong orintation. After reviewing a couple of the documents and manuall inserting a "TEXT BOX using the "COMMENTS " tab works the best. After I have saved a couple documents by adding the text box; the cut and paste functions correctly and the text box is aligned as I want it., however when ever I close the program  and start the program again, I have to  restart the proceedure again.

I hope this is helpful until they fix the issue or add a rotation option to the comments text box. Not holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been requesting this for years on the pop up survey hahah 

no change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this Youtube Video. It uses Java script to do the job. Works really well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj7Z3WmnryY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, after reading these comments, I think I'm not alone; I've been thinking there are ways that I don't know, and Adobe is a good software. Folks, I have been using Bluebeam for some time, and it kicks Adobe ass in every aspect, from comment editing tools, tool chest with online library of commonly used shapes to online studio sessions where engineers and drafters can collaborate simutaneously on a pdf at the sametime, and I can go on and on. Sorrt to say but Adobe is a piece of crap compared to Bluebeam, short the stock, Bluebeam need to school these idiots. I'm cancelling my subscription. Seriously Adobe if you are reading this comment please shut down your pdf business. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines