• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I automate the creation of multiple PDFs, pulling data from XLS

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create hundreds of product sheets, all of the data is in NetSuite, and can be exported into an XLS or CSV. When exported, each row contains all the information I need for a single product page. I'd like to create a design template to resuse, and pull in the data, one dataset per page. The end result is dozens of PDFS, each one nicely designed product sheet in PDF. 

How does one accomplish this automation task?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is called a Mail Merge. It can be done using the PDFMaker plugin for Word, or using a script, like this (paid-for) tool I've developed that will allow you to take a template PDF form, a spreadsheet (saved as a CSV or a tab-delimited text file) and merge the two, creating a unique PDF file for each row in the spreadsheet, with all the data from it. My tool even has the option to import images, if you have their paths defined in your spreadsheet! Plus many other features...

You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-mail-merge-and-email-pdf-files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for sharing this. However, I don’t want to email it. I
wanna generate them and put them on a website. Is that an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's quite tricky. It's possible to submit them to a web-service and have it save them on the server, I guess, but the tool will have to be customized for that purpose, and the web-service will have to be created for this task.

If this is something you're interested in feel free to contact me privately to discuss it further, including the price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines