• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I calculate Checked Check Boxes to equal a Quantity?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello... stupid questions here, but I am creating a fillable form in a PDF a client sent me which was created in Excel. When the form is completed, the objective is to have a customer check a box for a size and/or multiple sizes which would equal a quantity. Once the quantity has been established it then needs to add or multiply the price per item and generate a total. I was able to get the quantity to multiple the price and get a total BUT I cannot figure out how to get the quantity to recognize its total based of the number of check boxes selected???

I tried to set it up where the value is the "product X" of the picked check boxes, but no luck???

Any help is appreciated and sorry if I have confused you! LOL!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically you want to count the number of checked check-boxes and use it in your calculation?

If so, what are the names of the check-box fields you wish to count?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thats basically it. There are 10 check-boxes and are named Check Box1 thru Check Box10. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this code to count the number of checked boxes and apply use it as the value of a text field:

var total = 0;

for (var i=1; i<=10; i++) {

if (this.getField("Check Box"+i).value!="Off") {

total++;

}

}

event.value = total;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PERFECT! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This code was extremely helpful! Thank you. 

If you have a form with 2 sections, with the same check box fields, only I added an _ how could I calcualate the section section? 

Example:

First section form check boxes labeled= Check Box1 - 10

Second section form check boxes labled= Check Box_1 - 7 

Thank you in advance. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So thus code is placed in the field I wish the total number to show up in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, was wondering if you could help me out on a similar issue.  My issue is let's say I have a grid of 5 checkboxes by 5 checkboxes.  and I want to total each row of checkboxes. The check boxes in row one are Check Box2_0  Check Box2_5  Check Box2_10 Check Box2_15   Check Box2_20

how would that script look?   (as an aside, my numbers actually go 0-150  ... so if there is someway to code it for multiples of 5, where 150 is the largest, that would be helpful)   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to change the loop. For example, this will loop over fields 0, 5, 10, etc. up to 150:

for (var i=0; i<=150; i+=5) {

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, is it possible to help me with my issue? I have 11 questions with checkboxes, each checkbox has a value and I need to calculate all the checkboxes to Total. Checking out the attached file you will see only 2 of the questions. I use this code but it doesn't work for me: 

var total = 0;
for (var i=1; i<=11; i++) {
if (this.getField("Check Box"+i).value!="Off") {
total++;
}
}
event.value = total;

It calculates each question as value 1, so finally I have 11 in the total section.

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should add the fields in Acrobat, first of all.

So what is the value for each box, then? Did you set it as the export value of each one?

If so, replace this line:

total++;

With:

total+=Number(this.getField("Check Box"+i).value);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines