• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the background logo of a signature certificate in windows 10?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I replace the background logo of a signature certificate in windows 10? Trying to replace the trifoil log with my own.

I have seen the post on how to do this on other OS's but I can't figure out how to do it in windows 10.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

What you're asking about is also called a watermark, as opposed to a signature appearance. See section 2.2.2.2 of the following document: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/DigSig/Acrobat_DigSig_WorkflowGuide.pdf

In short, you have to create a PDF (named SignatureLogo.pdf) of the watermark and install in a particular location on the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi klhok

Try to follow the below mention steps:

1- Launch Acrobat>select Edit menu>Preferences>Signatures>Creation & Appearance>More

2- Under Appearances(in the bottom)>select New>Configure Graphic>Imported graphic>select File> click on Browse

3- Select the image you want as a background>Open>OK>OK  (you can also "Configure Text" like Name, location etc. ) close the Preferences dialog tab.

4- Open the pdf>select Certificates under Tools>Digitally Sign

5- When asked, select your recently created logo under Appearance.

Let me know if you face any issue while following the steps.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're asking about is also called a watermark, as opposed to a signature appearance. See section 2.2.2.2 of the following document: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/DigSig/Acrobat_DigSig_WorkflowGuide.pdf

In short, you have to create a PDF (named SignatureLogo.pdf) of the watermark and install in a particular location on the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you respond with the location for an Acrobat Pro DC user? The folder hierarchy doesn't seem to follow your post sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found the folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Bernd, yes, Apple MacBook users must use Go To within Finder, and then manually enter the folder hierarchy string exactly as stated in the initial portion of this conversation. Resolved! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my logo saved in the correct file location:

C:\Users\D3476421\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\2017\Security

Danie5CDC_0-1630439432393.png

But for some reason I only get the Adobe logo:

Danie5CDC_1-1630439461705.jpeg

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you installed it in the right location? Are you logged in as "D3476421"? Are you using Acrobat 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that was it! I'm using Acrobot 2021. I went to a different file location (DC instead of 2017), saved the logo, and now I'm all set! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines