• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I convert a fillable pdf into a normal pdf document using Adobe Pro DC?

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi experts,

Does anyone know how to convert a fillable pdf into a normal pdf document using Adobe Pro DC?

It is easy to do using a lower level Adobe software by saving it as PDF or print it. However, there is no such a function in Adobe Pro DC which is frustrating unless I missed the trick?

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can flatten it using the Preflight tool or a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! How do I use Preflight tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Tools - Print Production - Preflight. Then select the "Flatten annotations and form fields" item and click on Analyze and Fix.

Alternatively, create a Custom Command that executes this code:

this.flattenPages();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It gave me error message 135 and says this Analyze and Fix can not be done... However, I was able to simply flatten it by saving as pdf using a free pdf version. But I can't just keep switching between PCs. Very frustrating... Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screen shot of the error message, and let us know the Acrobat version. This action generally works. Also, try the JavaScript suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file perhaps secured, or digitally signed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is digitally signed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat will not allow you to flatten such files, as that will invalidate the signature.

If the fields are editable in this file it means the signature was not set to lock them, which it can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. All I need is just a plain pdf file which the free version seems to be able to produce but not the Pro DC which I found quite absurd. Was it somehow missed in the development of the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat follows the rules of the PDF ISO. Other software might not. That's up to them.

If you want a file with a valid signature you can't flatten it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a duplicate post. See my response to your other post. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use Adobe Pro DC and was able to do this by choosing to print the form...But instead of sending it to a printer to actually print, I saved the document as Adobe PDF...However, I had to rename it so I put a number "1" behind the name until it saved as a reqular non-form PDF and then I deleted the PDF form and removed the "1" from the new PDF I created...Hope this helps for anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing was discussed on the OP's other post.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for pointing that out...But since there was no link in this post to the "other post" that was mentioned where additional solutions were suggested, I figured I would share what worked for me once I tried the "printing method"...Enjoy the rest of your day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines