• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I go back to the old Acrobat?

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update is terrible. Comment tools are complicated and/or missing. Nothing is where it was

How can I reinstall the last version??

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

To revert to the old interface:

• On Macs, go to the View menu and select Disable New Acrobat.
  • On Windows, to the hamburger menu in the upper left corner (where the old File menu used to be) and select Disable New Acrobat, it's about 2/3 down the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on any unavailable features, such as customizing the All Tools positioning or user interface. And we will address them with the highest priority. 

A point to note is that as we made these changes in the interface, we have ensured all tools & features

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 131 Replies 131
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a file from today. First image is PDF result and second one is how it looks in InDesign. When I send the PDF to a colleague, the file appears normal.

01.JPG02.JPG

This is sooooo productive... I really hate Acrobat now. How can I be sure my file looks OK or different than Acrobat is showing? How to send a file to print???

[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a file from today. First image is PDF result and second one is how it looks in InDesign. When I send the PDF to a colleague, the file appears normal.

By @jetprint

I can't detect anything wrong in your file, nor can I replicate what you see on the screen. However, I cannot see, why you do not use at least PDF/X4 as standard.

The file is, however, from November 2019…

Abambo_0-1706001288823.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seconding @Abambo's comment. The second page of your PDF looks fine. The first looks like you redacted some of the info, and of course that won't be press-ready.

Is your version of Acrobat up-to-date?

Did you try opening it on a different computer?

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bevi Chagnon - PubCom.com ,

I did redact those, as they contained private info.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution in another forum. I had to navigate to Edit>Preferences>Accessibility and check if the checkbox 'Replace Document colors' is On or Off.  This is it! I don't know why this was changed during the Acrobat update. Now it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Placing signatures on documents now takes twice as long, Now I have to click on each page individually. Then after that in the subject before sending for signature, I have to type out the full discription of said document, it wont allow me to copy/paste. It now takes me twice as long, if not longer. Not user friendly at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it took me about an hour to end up giving up on using the new one altogether, it's small, i can't throw the toolbar on top of the document.  Where the crap is the view button so i can make changes?  The view button dissapears if you select the "hid view" button then it's like hacking to find it and change it again.   I think Adobe did us dirty to "upgrade" i hate it i hope i can keep the old one as long as i have adobe, or get something else this is terrible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those of us who actually use your product for a living can't help but wonder: When you completely change the interface to be nothing like what we were all used to, do you ever have anyone who actually uses the program try it out and give you feedback before going live with it?

Millions of us users are out here losing many minutes of productivity worth millions of dollars every day while we hunt for where it is you have hidden the tools we use regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed--why in the world move all these essential tools around when people have been using them for decades? Time would be better spent fixing current bugs rather than rearranging the user interface/all my tools!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I firmly believe it was a cost-cutting thing with product development. Probably brought in people that didn't know how to fix current bugs (like a keystroke shortcut for zooming) but did know how to splice toolbars and move toolbars around, rename tools and tabs. Then the department said: "Here - now it's new and improved!" and nobody bothered to do simulated end-user testing. Instead they just released the new version. And what's really irritating is their response at the top of each of these community pages, they respond and say how "as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive". Uh, no, we're NOT going to do that, because we've lost so many hours being unproductive with the new version, and everyone's just disabling the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree.   These companies just dump crap on us thinking we have to just take it!  This New Acrobat is crap and a productivity waster.  I was tempted to go to another PDF reader until I luckily saw how to disable the New Acrobat.  I guarantee you, Adobe never spoke to real users of their software when developing these changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely horrible!  I agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for asking this question! It solved my problem and I am happy to go back to the old version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. Why do these people have to mess around with something when it's fine the way it is? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting back to old version still has home page with type so small can't read it on Mac Studio monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, The new interface is absolute @#$%^ garbage.  Thank god you give us the option to revert to the old interface. And no, it will not make us more productive.  We lose productivity trying to relearn a software that we already know.  Adobe is the only software company I know that compeltely abandons their UI on a regular basis.  We were productive in the old version.  Who was asking for this crap?  Why is it so hard to customize view options?     Just stop already.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish List

Fellow Acrobat users!

I want to turn our complaints into something useful for Adobe's development team, so I wrote up some key fixes to the new interface that will help us get the tools we need while giving Adobe a better interface for Acrobat's future features.

Please take a minute to review my wish list.

And please add your ideas to it!

• Keep it positive and helpful. (They already know how much we hate it, they got the message.)
  • Suggestions on what you want to see changed or restored.
  • Just address the interface, not what features you want (that's for another post).

And be sure to describe what you use Acrobat for, how it's used for work or your personal computing. It's clear that the Adobe design team may have missed how various industries rely on Acrobat, so here's your chance to let them know what you need in the interface.

I believe it's our last chance to get the Acrobat we need before Adobe carves the new interface into stone.

The wish list is at:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/48153893-new-acr...

Add your "wishes."

And don't forget to click the VOTE button in the upper left.

—Bevi Chagnon

One of the original Acrobat trainers since the original beta version 30+ years ago.

This is not my first time encountering a new Acrobat interface.

And no, I don't work for Adobe.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed... this new update is absolutely terrible. For everyone that couldn't find the 'Disable New Acrobat' under 'View' (like me), you can just search for it under the 'Help' -Search box and find it, click it, restart Acrobat ...and go back to being productive. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a terrible "upgrade" it's difficult to use and is a tremendous time waster.  Bring back the old.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iPad and I do not have a drop-down menu on the left. I have All Tools, But there's no option to revert back to the old version. So what do I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the worst update I've ever seen.  Why take away all the functional tools and hide them?  It has made workflow 10x slower until I found this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please notify your product team that the way the new changes have been launched are terrible. The change was too extreme. I have used (and paid!) for acrobat for several years and rely on it for work and personal admin. I now have to completely retrain and it is not very intuitive. It is slowing me down and I now am hesitant to use it. You should not have allowed such an extreme release that has completely transformed the interface. The learning curve is too steap. Not only that, I just tried to fill in a form and wasn't able to do so, it was giving me issues all over the place and was a painful process. I was not able to just fill in the boxes. I have now reverted back to the old version (as others have said thank goodness that is possible) and now I can fill in the form just fine, just as I always did. So there are also feature performance issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a classic "uplift" and "refresh" of a product that nobody asked for. Just how many millions did the geniuses make that suggested removing pages and other basic information from the default view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. The update is super slow to the point where it is unpoductive. I can not zoom without getting the color wheel ever time spinning for more than a minute.  I want to install an older vesion but I don't see how to do it. Unlike photoshop and indesign where I can see older versions I don't see any opton for acrobat. please help! It is so awful. If you disable does it go back to an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version is so slow and laggy it's unusable for me.  Also, adding text on top of an existing PDF is a huge pain because, for some reason, you can accidentally select the existing text now when doing this.  Thank you for showing us how to revert to the old version, luckily we still have that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines