• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install acrobat dc on my iPad Pro

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription to acrobat dc and would like to be able to use it on the road with my iPad Pro.  can’t figure out how to download it and don’t see it in the App Store. does anyone know?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

To be very specific, the only “Acrobat” application available for either iOS or Android is Adobe Acrobat Reader which is equivalent to the comparable application on Windows and MacOS with a few additional features that are accessible when you have either an Adobe Creative Cloud or Document Cloud subscription. It has nowhere near the functionality of Acrobat Pro DC. Such a product has not been released at this time.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an enormous project to convert a large and old Mac app to work on iPad. Adobe just finished Photoshop, which they announced over a year ago, and were probably working on a couple of years before that.  So Photoshop on iPad didn't just happen; rather it took years and millions of dollars. Acrobat has a big target audience, I'd say Adobe will be seriously thinking about it. No, I have no inside information, and it will be a closely guarded secret until Adobe decide otherwise.

You know what though. I still doubt Adobe would include XFA support in a "full" Acrobat for iPad. Not supporting the XFA format they invented and promoted seems to have become a bit of a theme. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software Providers are gradually making advantage of the extra facilities of iPad Pro's. The frequent response that Acrobat Pro is only available via Desktop, may also be changed as further high-end options are realised in the more flexable settings of iPad Pro over Desktop/Laptop. Publishers + Writers/Authors may (soon?) have more hope to look forward to ... That's just looking into one niche industry. The sky is truly the limit, re: countless existing + introduced activities, through AI-ML-3D-Robotics-Drones-Space-SmartTechs-Unicycles...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we talking Linux too in  here? (drones, robotics, space force, military (AndroidOS = Linux kernel in ARM) architechture, smart watches, smart card readers for Android OS,  live USB bootable Linux OS distributions, penetration testing and forensic tools, etc??)  Open Source by the way, in the whole sense of  free to modify, free to redistribute, free to recompile, free to improve the original code, without breaking the law that is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given it's 2020 and Apple just released the new iPad Pro, is there any word on when Adobe will take Acrobat Pro DC and make it compatible with iPad OS. I really need to use the OCR and Bates stamping functions with Acrobat Pro DC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no word as to whether Adobe have any plans to do this. Anyone with inside information would have a secrecy agreement. Adobe have found that discussing their plans leads to nothing but trouble (and sometimes lawsuits).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the adobe app I am paying $120/yr for is worthless on the most sophisticated computer in 2020. Adobe is waste of money. Dumped the app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An iOS or Android OS mobile app is not designed nor compiled  to run in the most sophisticated computer(s).

I would assume this is dependent on how each computer user would preconceive the idea of what the most sophisticated computers really are when compared to very powerful laptops or tablets with Advanced RISC-based machine architecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So the adobe app I am paying $120/yr for is worthless on the most sophisticated computer in 2020." Sophisticated as in "chic, well marketed, desirable" yes. (Further needelessly quarrelsome remarks removed by the author).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just release DC for iPad. It's So annoying to have to go to my laptop to fill out PDF forms to send for signature. And iPad should be able to fill out a PDF. Apps like dotloop are glitchy as hell. Just let me open a PDF with form fields and fill it out on iPad. 

I have to imagine that there's some sort of difficulty or reason that it hasn't been released yet considering how stupid it would be to just assume none of us need this on the road ability. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the iPad you can fill PDF forms with Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines