Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I make a pdf fillable

May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an excel form that I made into a pdf.  Now how do I make it fillable, so my agents can just put the information in.  Sorry, still pretty new to this.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Watch some tutorials, then give it a try, come back if you get stuck.

Convert existing forms to fillable PDFs |

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch some tutorials, then give it a try, come back if you get stuck.

Convert existing forms to fillable PDFs |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue making my PDF, fillable for my client?  The link provided is only showing how to make a PDF?  What am I missing? TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it seeems that link is broken... Try this one: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-basics.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Garyj,

Thank you for reaching out and hope you are doing well.

As you are looking for information on creating the PDF form in Acrobat, please refer to the information provided in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/creating-distributing-pdf-forms.html 

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG.  This has been a very trying task.  The links were of no help.  I already knew how to make a PDF.  I needed to make it where my client could fill out the information I was requesting.  For anyone else needing help, here are the easy steps to take.  It took me 2 seconds to do a task I have spent countless hours on.  Hope this helps the next guy.

1. Open Acrobat: Click on the “Tools” tab and select “Prepare Form.”
  2. Select a file or scan a document: Acrobat will automatically analyze your document and add form fields.
  3. Add new form fields: Use the top toolbar and adjust the layout using tools in the right pane.
  4. Save your fillable PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you garyj89170320 so much for this I have been aimlessly searching the internet for how to do this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all explained in the pages we linked to: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/create-form.html

This is the first link on the page I provided earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your shortcuts!  Much easier than what I was finding on the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  This is such a better response! A lot easier than I thought!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Gary I agree it was until I came across this thread - LEGEND!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

garyj89170320 THANK YOU! You have saved a lot of people a lot of time and frustration. Your question was simple and straight forward. Why couln't the support people answer correctly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I don't have Prepare Form in the Tools tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I don't have Prepare Form in the Tools tab?

By @Beverley24063473y4mu

You are probably using Adobe Acrobat Reader, not Pro.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Prepare Forms is only available on the Adobe Acrobat Pro and not the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat 9 pro Extended. I do not have "Prepare Form" under the Tools tab. So being that I have a Pro version and no "Prepare Form" under the Tools tab am I missing something or is there another way to convert a PDF to fillable in my Pro version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat 9 pro Extended. I do not have "Prepare Form" under the Tools tab. So being that I have a Pro version and no "Prepare Form" under the Tools tab am I missing something or is there another way to convert a PDF to fillable in my Pro version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's been many years since I used this old version and I don't recall exactly where all the tools are in it. You'll need to search the menus yourself, or find an old tutorial, to add form fields using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe still has the manual available:

https://help.adobe.com/archive/en_US/acrobat/9/professional/acrobat_pro_9.0_help.pdf

BTW, you should have a Forms menu right on the top. It should list the Forms Wizard and the other form tools there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions you listed were pretty much on the link that Meenakshi supplied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This was so simple to do and there are so many other explanations that were quite complicated online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! I have literally spent an hour just now trying to get this information. You simple steps got it done in 2 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for this, I dont know why adobe help couldnt have done what you just did, just post it up clear and simple. literally searching for ages, or reading pages and pages of unrelated stuff just to get to what you needed. thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I stumbled on how to do this once before last year, and I knew I should have written it down then, but I didn't, silly me. Got it now. Thanks again for YOUR diligence!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines