• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I print a PDF Documents with both letter and legal size?

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spoke with HP and was told to download the Acrobat Reader. I am a signing agent and have a HP laser printer. I was told that I could print letter and legal simultaneously, but it only recognizes one size at a time. If a document has both letter and legal sizes, I need it to recognize which size to print. In other words, pages 1-20 might be letter size, page 22-25, legal size and then the next ones letter and so on. On paper sizing, I selected "actual size" and also"Choose paper source by PDF page size." I tested it, but it is still printing on only letter size. The preview shows which size are the documents, but it isn't printing both sizes.

PLEASE HELP! I'm losing jobs and income.
Thank you.

P.S. I don't want to have to purchase a new printer. This laser printer is brand new.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

After speaking and spending a lot of time with two representatives from HP, they were able to help me.

And guess what? They had me download the Acrobat Adobe Reader DC, just as you suggested. Then I clicked on all the right settings. After testing it, it still wasn't working. So when I phoned again, the technician had me update my settings for paper in the correct trays on my printer, then he went into my computer and reset up the printer. And we tested it and...it's working! I am so happy.
Thank

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

I had the same issue. I removed my already existing adobe reader and redownloaded it. Then I had brother support help me downloand the software and drive correctly for the brother printer. After deleting the old software and getting out and getting back into adobe it worked! so basically make sure adobe and the printer is downloaded correctly. After downloading the driver for printer correctly i got all sorts of updates on my printer.  Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pamelaf53081559,

Could you please try to create a new word file that consist of both size that are letter and legal. Then try to convert it into PDF.

After that try to Print it from Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and select "Choose paper source by PDF page size".

Let us know how it goes.

Is it possible for you to share the files with us, so we can check it on our end?

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After speaking and spending a lot of time with two representatives from HP, they were able to help me.

And guess what? They had me download the Acrobat Adobe Reader DC, just as you suggested. Then I clicked on all the right settings. After testing it, it still wasn't working. So when I phoned again, the technician had me update my settings for paper in the correct trays on my printer, then he went into my computer and reset up the printer. And we tested it and...it's working! I am so happy.
Thank you for the explanation, even though I got it done before your reply.

Best,

Pamela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pamelaf53081559,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved now.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly to same issue.  I am a NSA with a brother printer, told to download adobe etc, but it is not printing the duel sizes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same type of problem w brother 6200 printer - 1 month old - worked great until last week --

then it started only printing letter pages - now it prints sometime - then stops w error message that MP tray needs paper 

cant print anything - yes - NSA and losing jobs like crazy - had to go to FedEx and spend $$$$ to get docs ready for last 3 signings - now stuck trying to work with support --

brother says its an adobe issue???  had me print an e-mail which printed fine 

any history w adibe sending wrong info to brother printer that makes it unable to discerne programed paper trays???

very upsetting!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever fix? I'm having the same issues 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue. I removed my already existing adobe reader and redownloaded it. Then I had brother support help me downloand the software and drive correctly for the brother printer. After deleting the old software and getting out and getting back into adobe it worked! so basically make sure adobe and the printer is downloaded correctly. After downloading the driver for printer correctly i got all sorts of updates on my printer.  Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I'm a new NSA and was printing everything legal to be safe. I already had Adobe DC for my church work and it worked just as you said. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a Brother 6200DW. I have programmed the printer manually to print legal from the MPtray and letter from Tray 1. I also selected choose paper source by pdf size but it still will not automatically print letter and legal sized docs, what am I missing??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines