• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove the Menu Bar from my pdf document?

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a pdf document but it has the menu bar at top, which I obviously don't want when I e-mail the doc. I've reviewed the FAQ's here I'm not able to access the Tools suggested to make changes. e.g. Adobe Acrobat: Show/Hide Menubar Keyboard Shortcut

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to understand the difference between what's part of the app, and what's part of the document.

For example, there's a big title bar across the top - saying perhaps Acrobat Reader. This is part of the app. So is the menu bar. It doesn't go with your document.

When someone views the document on their computer it might have a menu bar or not. It's their app and their choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the viewing option of the file to hide the menu bar by default, but you can't remove it, as it's not a part of the file itself, but of the application.

To do it go to File - Properties - Initial View and tick the "Hide menu bar" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I did that, and most of the Menu is gone, but top left has a red and green button above 'Home' and 'Tools'.  and top right there's a couple of other minor tabs. I've E- the pdf to a friend and asked her to do a screenshot of what she sees when she opens it.  thanks for you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are absolutely NOT part of the file. Of course your friend may see the same thing, because she may have the same app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines