• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Save Custom Color Swatches With a PDF Document to Share?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a PDF that I'm going to be working on with others and we have a set of colors we are going to be using over and over. I'd like to be able to save a set of custom swatches with the document itself so that everyone has access to them as we are editing and saving and sending back and forth (and they don't have to manually enter the colors every single time either.)

How can I do this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is possible. But implementation depends on exactly how your PDF is setup and being used. How is this color swatch created in the first place? What's being colored?

One way is to save the color values to a text form field. Another is to use the color values on a field or markup annotation. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to save them in the Custom Colors Palette (or perhaps import a custom color library like you can in Photoshop/Illustrator/etc.). Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, no, you can't do that. Acrobat is not a design program, so it doesn't have any of these designy types of features. 

That said, the custom colors on the palette are saved somewhere, either in the registry or in a customization file in one of the Acrobat folders. If you find that location you'll be able to transfer the palette. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that! Now I just have to figure out where it is... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unlike high end photo editing or design software, Acrobat cannot be color calobrated, so transfering of exact colors in a file might not be perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines