Copied

How to activate Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. seems like your link is closed down. Will not let me access it.  Is there a way to activat Acrobat 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issues, however with Acrobat 8.1.

The installer is 'pooched'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the installer first and then update to the latest 8.x version. Keep in mind this is an extremely old version, not compatible with any current operating systems, so problems are to be expected, either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download that Adobe provides, setup.exe

How is it possible that it carries a username in it, prior to even typing anything (serial key,etc) in it prior to running the install.

Also, there is a AcroPro.msi and a AcrobatUpd810_efgj_incr.msp

Even when trying to use the .msi it fails.

Now when I try to complete a clean install of the program, I run the installer, the error message (1935 error) comes up but before I press 'ok' and have it rollback, I actually use the Program, create and/or join the multiple files then let it crash.

There has to be a smarter way !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no username in the downloaded files.  that's something you've failed to remove from your previous installation(s).

uninstall acrobat 8 (using the uninstaller)

clean per Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

remove the cache.db file from (win): Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/ or (mac): /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/

restart your computer

follow the steps here to install acrobat 8, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/activation-fails-cs3-acrobat-8.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/activation-fails-cs3-acrobat-8.html 

This URL is not active anymore. Does some know how to activate adobe acrobat version 8? Or install it without activation. I do have a serial number/license key, but it needs still to be activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this no longer possible?  I don't remember Adobe having a sign on these products saying they wouldn't be useful in the future just because they didn't want to manage licenses?  This is still a useful product, which I have many purchased copies of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you. It's not OK, but that's just how it is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely, there was NO time limit on the use of the license, so Adobe are effectively in breach of contract. Acrobat Standard 8[.1] was working perfectly OK on my Win10Pro, and suited my needs. As such, I didn't need any support. A good, user-supporting organisation could have made the license check work for existing customers. It couldn't be that hard - a simple web server with a DB of licenses. If it can't upsell its latest product based on the feature benefits and leave customers to choose, then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is forcing people to purchase later version for their beneficial gain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what Ive been saying all along.

I couldn't complete the uninstall because of the error, had to get win10 tech support to install two uninstaller in order to try and scrub the program (revo uninstaller & IOuninstaller).

The link you provide as a cleaner, is only for 9.0 and DC products, not 8.0 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bottom line is Acrobat 8 is not compatible with Windows 10, so you use it at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I can live with that. 

What I can't live with (or use their products because of), is them not managing license activations for Acrobat Standard 8 any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you manage to activate the software? I have the same problem, and the adobe support can't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can help. Adobe turned off activation 10 years after the first release. I don't say this is a good thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it cost them so much to maintain an activation for properly purchased software? Doing so, they could have targeted users with an offer to upgrade. They clearly don't understand human psychology or user experience. We 'fickle people' are easily p****d off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe introduced activation back in 2004, it was obvious that it was risky to tie the future use of your system to the whim of Adobe... I expected a backlash then, but there really was nothing much. Some people do insist on calling themselves "local customers" because they paid for something back 14 years ago (Acrobat 8 release date) but Adobe's view was that local customers would upgrade every time, or at least every other time.  Acrobat 9 and Acrobat 10 were available at discount.

This isn't going to change unless worldwide legislation requires activation to be kept going permanently and held under escrow. I guess we're all surprised that Windows apps from 2004 are going strong. Mac apps from 2018 are all dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not asking Adobe to continue to support this old software, just to let me continue to use it. It works and does what I need (and is likely slimmer/less bloated than newer versions), i.e. allows me to join/split/crop/extract PDF files, rotate pages, and to OCR them, no more, no less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand exactly what you want. So do Adobe. They turned off the activation servers after 10 years, and I have no reason to suppose that isn't a rolling policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so sad because with "Acrobat 8 3D" they delivered a second software - a 3D-tool from Right Hemisphere (which was then sold to SAP). The 3D tool is so valuable to me - I still use it on an old Win XP Laptop from 2004. When this laptop will be whrecked one day I need a new software tool - and I tried many of them, they all can't do what the 3D-Tool was able to: Generating vector graphics from 3D. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did this because Adobe 8.1 works very well without the need for support. They did this in order to force you to subscribe to their product and pay monthly. I'll try to find a work around but I'll be damned if I pay any software company a monthly subscription..  

That's the reason I still use Word/Excel 2000. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 Standard runs just fine on Windows 10. It also does everything I need, so am not going to purchase any newer version, but just need to be able to use what I've already purchased, having transferred the install to my new laptop. I can understand Adobe not supporting it any longer, but that's not the issue, it's just being able to use what's been purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines