• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change reading voice?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a scan image of a book text, and use the OCR to scan the page, I want Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to read the text to me.

My Windows is set to the Danish language, and my Acrobat is downloaded in the Danish version, but the reading voice in Acrobat only reads in English, not Danish.

How do I change the reading voice from English to Danish, so I can listen to my Danish OCR text in Danish?

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Hi JanAndreasen,

We apologize for the delay in response to your query.

Could you please confirm the exact language of the document you are working on? Is that document you are working on is also in the Danish language?

Read Out Loud automatic picks the default language of the system and its "Narrator" voice. You need to check what all option do you get the in System Narrator settings.

Windows>Settings>Ease of Access >Narrator > Choose a Voice

​and see the options given there.

Try that and let us kno

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JanAndreasen,

We apologize for the delay in response to your query.

Could you please confirm the exact language of the document you are working on? Is that document you are working on is also in the Danish language?

Read Out Loud automatic picks the default language of the system and its "Narrator" voice. You need to check what all option do you get the in System Narrator settings.

Windows>Settings>Ease of Access >Narrator > Choose a Voice

​and see the options given there.

Try that and let us know if it doesn't work.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched both Adobe and Microsoft forums, currently the same is happening with French and Greek as well.
There is no known resolution to this as of now but our forums are a great place to find answers. Try posting your question here: https://community.adobe.com/
That way an expert will work on it and then respond to you and you will be notified
From your agent on how to get rid of English voice. I have just Swedish on my working PC but pdf is read in English. I contacted IT support for our municipality. They do not know what to do. They serve 23 000 workers. They think it is bug and Adobe must be repeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else searching for an answer to Adobe Acrobat Pro or Adobe Acrobat Reader, Reading Voice as of the latest version of Windows 10 Home (19042.1165 / dated August 10, 2021):

• Following from @AkanchhaS's instructions above requires one additional step to change the default voice;
  • Under Choose a Voice > Add more voices takes you to Speech settings;
  • Under Voices > Choose a voice is where the default voice is changed.

The full path is:

• Windows > Settings > Ease of Access > Speech > Voices > Choose a voice;
  • See attached image for a visual (I use Dark Mode, you may be using Light Mode, which looks different, but the directions are the same);
  • From here you can also change the language under Speech > Speech language > Choose the language you speak with your device if you use speech software to dictate to your computer;
  • Check the box Recognize non-native accents for this language if needed.

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the default voice in Windows settings (or adding a new one) does not help. Acrobat uses a different 'default voice' (English) and you cannot change to a different one in Acrobat settings: all voices you see in the Windows settings do not show up in the drop down menu of the Acrobat settings (except for the one you do not want). So this is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same unsolved problem. There is no possibility of changing the reading language in Windows 7. There is only one in the menu box - English (United States). Setting any other language in Adobe Reader does not help. It reads all languages as in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the voice for Macs it is under System Preferences-->Accessiblity-->Spoken Content-->System Voice, you can change the options and also download other voices. You can change the Speaking Rate as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines