Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert from PDF to PDF-X without photo compression

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

so I need to convert to PDFx for printing and every time I convert from PDF to PDFx (of any type) I get compression on the photos. I have tried turning the PNG up to maximum but that doesnt work. Ideally I would like to convert from the original 4 word documents (combined to make one PDF due to size) to the PDFx to avoid loss through another step but I have no idea how to do that.

The current PDF that I am trying to convert was saved from word with 330 DPI so the quality drop is minimal between WORD doc and PDF, but PDF to PDFx causes a noticeable quality drop in the photos. 

Please help! I cant figure out how to stop the compression and ive been googling for 2 straight days!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are probably using a CMYK PDF images must be converted, since you made them in RGB. What is the quality loss you are seeing? Pixelation, colour shift, something else? Before and after screen shot may help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does need to be coverted, the quality drop i see is pixelationimage.pngimage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it looks like pixellation. Now it would be useful

1. Can you share a problem PDF, both "before" and "after". The simpler the better, a PDF and PDF/X containing just this image would be fine.

2. How do you convert to PDF/X? And what version of Acrobat (not "latest" please)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This pixelation is due to the downsampling of the images, it is not due to the compression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines