Exit

How to copy and paste at same position?

New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with Acrobat pro DC.

When I copy and paste an object to same page or the other page,

the object is always pasted to other position.

Can I paste it to same position?

Is there an option for that?

I could've done it with Acrobat pro 9.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

ctrl-shift-v doesn't work for me but holding shift while clicking on paste in the edit menu or the right-click context menu works

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  This has been a behavior of Acrobat for many versions.  A trick that I use to counter this is to paste the object, hold the control key down & tap the left arrow, followed by the up arrow.  The paste offset seems to be 10 pixels right, and 10 pixels down.  Nudging the pasted object with the control key moves in 10 pixel increments.

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

I'm not finding that holding the ctrl key and tapping the left arrow, followed by the up arrow works for me.

Thank you,

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows select the object to copy. move to the top of the page you want to paste it to, hold down both the Shift and Control keys and them press the "V" key. The object should shortly appear in the original position on the new page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never wanted to hug a stranger so much in my life. Thank you for sharing this workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do this on a Mac hold option Command then press V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac you can do that by hold down the Shift + Command + V this will past the copied element in the same position as the original one.

Website Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding on to the correct answer given above.

For detailed information on ho to handle Images or objects, you can go through this latest help article here: How to edit images or objects in a PDF using Adobe Acrobat 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ctrl-shift-v doesn't work for me but holding shift while clicking on paste in the edit menu or the right-click context menu works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither ways work for my abode acrobat pro dc......ha...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Sung Wook, for posting this question. I've been puzzled by this quirk for years and finally looked it up. Why can't "Paste in Place" be added to the menu in Acrobat? (And for that matter, why does Acrobat DC seem so unlike other Adobe applications, and seems like it's managed by a totally different company?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using Adobe Acrobat DC. 

If I copy a stamp from one page and paste it onto the another page using Ctrl-V, the stamp gets placed in the correct location (same as location of the copied stamp).  Perhaps this issue was adressed by Adobe since this thread was initially started.

There is a particular situation that I have found where this doesn't work however.  If there are form fields on the page onto which I am pasting the stamp, the stamp gets placed in the center of the page (ie. not in the same location as the copied stamp).  So within the same document, I can paste stamps in the correct location if there are no form fields on the page but if the next page has a form field, then the stamp ends up in the middle of the page.  

Anyone have any workarounds or ideas why this may be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines