• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to determine the version of Adobe Acrobat Reader

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem with a pdf file.  Acrobat Reader indicated it needed to download a font package, but it never completed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled but had the same problem.

Acrobat Reader indicates I am using Version 2022.003.20322|64 bit.

I am using Windows 11. 

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall multiple times.  I have installed Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, which looks different.  I wanted to install Adobe on a different drive than C: because C: is a 512 MB SSD.  My PC also has a 1TB internal hard drive.  I found the following link http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ which allowed me to change the drive.

I read somewhere that the only difference with the DC version is the cloud, which I am not going to use.

It appears that the DC version and the non-DC version are both 2022.003.20322.  I attached a screenshot.

I have two questions:

1. What version do I have?
  2. Do I need the DC version?
TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the latest version of the free Acrobat Reader.

When you start Acrobat, it does not need to download a font?  When you open any PDF file (not the one with the troubling message), it does not ask you to download a font?

If that is the case, there is something wrong with the PDF file. I doubt, however, that it is asking you to download a font! At least I never got this message for now, and I would not know how to create a PDF file needing to download a font. I had, however, often files that gave me a font error because the correct font was not or badly embedded. 

And to answer your second question: If you only want to look at a PDF, you won't need Acrobat DC or Acrobat DC Pro.

If you created that file, you should tell us about the tool you have used to create your file.

If your PDF file does not contain private or confidential information, you can upload it here, and we will have a look at it. You may also ask the source of your PDF file, if they got reports of troubles with that file.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I should have read all of your post:

Acrobat Reader is, as the name indicates, the program needed to read PDF files. You cannot change PDF files with the reader, except for filling out forms.

Acrobat DC and Acrobat DC Pro allow for PDF creation and editing. Basically, all are the same and the licence will determine what you can do.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines