• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Disable Cloud Storage

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are we not given a simple fix to Adobe Cloud storage that we can opt in or opt out?  With all the money your company is making with subscription services your company should have the funds to make this easier for the rest of us to do and you forget why you are in business to meet your consumers needs.

I do not want my files stored remotely.  I have my own backups for my work.  I had stopped using Adobe years ago and the only reason I am a subscriber is for my higher-educational purposes only.  So now it is more ardous to delete files that I no longer need after completion of my courses.

It was a sad day when Adobe went to cloud applications from desktop apps. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

In the preferences of Acrobat disable the online storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Adobe admin console-no way to manage user access to Adobe cloud storage.

-Manual registry changes-no way to control/restrict/disable cloudstorage or prevent users from sharing docs and having a copy of the shared doc placed into Adobe cloud storage. Registry change just removes link to cloud storage within Acrobat.

Customization Wizard (this was the solution proposed by Adobe Support)-since this just allows specification of registry settings prior to install, this is the same as manual registry changes above.

There literally is no way to keep users from being able to share files and have a copy of the files be placed in Adobe cloud/online storage. Holy Crap!!!!! This has enormous implications for companies that...don't want or can't have files placed in Adobe cloud/online storage!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We turned off PDF services under the product profile and from what I can tell that has disabled file syncing to the cloud. I don't remember where I read that that was the fix but that's what we have done and seems to be working. 

We are just as displease as everyone in this thread as to how complicated something so critical is especially in the world of data security. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also used the wizard, this worked for me:

adobe-screen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the settings posted here are not available anymore, at least in 2023... I reached out to support and it seems that the only way to disable cloud storage is by customizing the install Packaging apps via the Admin Console (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no option when Packaging apps to "not include" cloud storage...  unless I'm missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dnvHelpDesk 

Thanks for reaching out.

Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the Acrobats preference window where you don't see the option? Also, please share the version of Acrobat Pro and the OS you are using.

Amal_1-1681932432392.png

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the package from the customization wizard and click on "Online services and features" > "Disable adobe acrobat document cloud services" save it and you are good to go.

adobe-screen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree, tottally pissed at the last hour I wasted trying to click this and that obscure box to make this go away. I have been happily using Drop Box for the last 5 yrs and a significant time investment has been made to customize and organize this solution. Adobe can't come to the game late and try to railroad us into their cloud vortex. It's too late. I am not re-organizing my entire file system for no good reason at all. So give us a one button Opt-In or Opt-Out. This reminds me of trying to get Bing off my system back when they were trying to shove that in our faces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to keep up, but I'm lost. All I want to do is use SharePoint in order to do a PDF review. But there doesn't seem to be any way to disable automatically loading my file to Adobe Cloud. The other people I want to do the review with don't have Adobe Cloud. How do I disable that? All of the instructions point to Preferences that no longer exist. Can someone just point to basic 2023 instructions on how to disable automatically loading my file to Adobe Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You turn it off like this:
  1. Click File on the Outlook menu.
  2. Click Options on the File menu.
  3. Click Add-ins.
  4. Select COM Add-ins from the Manage drop-down.
  5. Click Go.
  6. Deselect Adobe Document Cloud for Microsoft Outlook - Acrobat.
  7. Click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sally, the only "file" I see int he Outlook menu shows me files associated with emails. I don't see "Options" anywhere so for me it's a non-starter . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  This is the only valid option that actually worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a three-step fix on my system. Hope this works for everyone else.

STEP 1
In Preferences > General, select "Reset All Warning Dialogs", click OK and restart the program

Cgradio_0-1694551134402.png

STEP 2

After the reboot, go to Preferences > File Handling.

Next to Default File Location, drop down the box and select "On your computer" and click OK.

Cgradio_1-1694551610211.png

STEP 3

Restart again and the Cloud Storage 'nag' should be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question was about Acrobat, not Photoshop.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Missed that. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Thanks for trying to help--that was very nice of you.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I export an In Design file to PDF it opens in Acrobat Pro and I click share. NOW I have to make damned sure I unselect "Send as link" or else it ties up the interface while it tries to upload to its GD cloud, always fails– then I have to close it, and reopen it and select email. What a giant PITA!!!! Adobe. Meanwhile Photoshop 2024 won't even open a regular JPG. Adobe forget the bells and whistles, concentrate on the core!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having  the same issue. 

THE SAVE BUTTON IN MY ADOBE ACROBAT PR DC service is grayed out, and only the Cloud button is available to me.

I DON'T WANT CLOUD STORAGE

I DONT WANT NOTIFIERS REGARDING CLOUD STORAGE

I DO WANT EVERYTHING REGARDING ADOBE CLOUD TURNED OFF

can anyone help us to resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally with you, I had it all off but now I've just powered on a New Mac Studio and have to come back in here to remember where the 55 switches are to turn this all off all over again. Between Google, Apple, Adobe and others trying to sleazyly wrap us into their tentacles it amouts to huge amount of wasted time. Reminds me of years ago Bing was trying to surgically attach itself to my brain - how did they get that stopped?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop Adobe Acrobat From Saving to Cloud

https://youtu.be/LKWbpc4MrBM

In this step-by-step tutorial, Learn How to Disable Cloud Storage | Disable Adobe Cloud | How To Stop Acrobat Pro DC From Saving to Cloud This video is for teaching and helping purposes, My goal is to help you save time so you can spend it on the activities that matter. If you like the video, then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open up Adobe application.

2. Click on your profile button and scrooll down drop down menu.

3. Click  Preferences  and open up Basic Tools

3. Scroll down Basic Tools

1. uncheck Show Quick Actions on Text

2. uncleck Show Online Storage when opening file

3. uncleck Show online storage when saving files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this prevent a copy of a pdf from being placed into cloud storage when a user shares a file with someone else? Pretty sure there is currently no way to prevent this from happening. This violates a whole bunch of different regulatory compliance requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We been trying to disable cloud services using the customization wizard with no avail. No much help online regarding this so we escalated with adobe, as it is on april 2024 disabling cloud services isnt fissable, support recommend disabling online storage feature from within adobe itlself but this doesnt change anything. Has anybody been suscessful disabling "adobe acrobat document clound services"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PLEASE POST UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS!  Maybe in 2021 this worked.  But it does NOT work today.  I just WASTED FORTY FIVE MINUTES trying to deal with a mess caused by Acrobat's insistence on using cloud storage.  PLEASE give updated instructions on how to disable cloud storage.  Better yet, make cloud storage an Opt In option and stop forcing it down everyone's throats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines