• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable floating toolbar

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat reader, when you hover over the document or more specifically the bottom of the document a toolbar pops up. I would like to remove this feature, the pop up always gets in the way.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Hi Jacom,

As you are trying to disable the floating tool in Acrobat Reader, please confirm if you are referring to the same toolbar as shown below in the screenshot.

If yes, please click on the icon at the extreme right with an upward arrow in the toolbar.

It will move and merge this toolbar to the toolbar menu above.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you are referring to something else or have any question.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacom,

As you are trying to disable the floating tool in Acrobat Reader, please confirm if you are referring to the same toolbar as shown below in the screenshot.

If yes, please click on the icon at the extreme right with an upward arrow in the toolbar.

It will move and merge this toolbar to the toolbar menu above.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you are referring to something else or have any question.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like to get rid of this floating toolbar that has never been there before, but it doesn't have the far right icon shown in the helpful answers I've been able to find. Does anyone have a tip for disabling it?

Here's a screengrab of the one I'm seeing:

Charissa5C70_2-1627493684572.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Please reopen this question since it is not solved. There is no icon at the extreme right with an upward arrow in the toolbar in my reader and I need this solved.

Thanks!

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank god I finally have found the way to get rid of the most annoying aspect of the ugliest-yet interface of  AcrobatPro. The UI for AP looks like it was designed by an ex-Microsoft empolyee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Please reopen this question since it is not solved. There is no icon at the extreme right with an upward arrow in the toolbar in my reader and I need this solved.

Thanks!

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the icon with the two arrows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have to open hundreds of documents each day. Is there a setting for making this toolbar not come up at all?

Thanks,

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello how to open back this bar in Adobe Acrobat?
Please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the elipses (...) in the menu bar. Then click "undock page controls"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you want to, lol?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! — So simple.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tool bar is in the upper left corner of my screen and is fixed in place.  How do I remove it?

OJ27841173lqo0_0-1673108977853.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a total abomination! I think I'm swearinng off adobe for good. Its less and less useful each time they "improve" it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OJ27841173lqo0,

Thank you for reaching out.

It is the new design behavior of the application. For more information, please refer to the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

If you wish, you may move back to the old UI using the following:  View menu > Enable|Disable New Acrobat (Mac) or Hamburger menu > Enable|Disable New Acrobat (Windows). 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is the best function in the new interface you could ever apply...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This floating toolbar really is the most annoying feature! Why would someone want that floating on top of a document they're meant to read or edit - a part of what you need is always covered! Disabling new acrobat now - what a waste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a mind-bogglingly dumb feature sent to drive us all nuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also why does touching the zoom button produce another annoying vertical tool bar????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the disable new acrobat option doesn't fix the issue, it still opens adobe reader as how it was prior to clicking it. it doesnt revert it back to the old UI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could have stayed with the new Adobe but that floating menu was a truly horrible addition.  Get rid of that so those of us who want to use the new Adobe can use it please. It has some great new features but that one makes the new features not worth the hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info on how to disable the new interface.

This was the best option added to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this.

How could the designers possibly have thought that the floating toolbar was better than having it pinned up top? With the floating toolbar, that same space at the top just sits empty anyway, so it's not even like the floating bar saves space elsewhere. - on the contrary in fact. Crazy.

So glad there's the option to revert to the older interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted back and now I can't rotate my documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines