• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable floating toolbar

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat reader, when you hover over the document or more specifically the bottom of the document a toolbar pops up. I would like to remove this feature, the pop up always gets in the way.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Hi Jacom,

As you are trying to disable the floating tool in Acrobat Reader, please confirm if you are referring to the same toolbar as shown below in the screenshot.

If yes, please click on the icon at the extreme right with an upward arrow in the toolbar.

It will move and merge this toolbar to the toolbar menu above.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you are referring to something else or have any question.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully, we can revert to the Old version.  That floating toolbar is annoying and adds no value, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

view menu where exactly ?????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 I would use the new UI, but give the user more control with floating tool bars as it gets in the way when we zoom in on documents or use two-page continuous views.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree why would they have a floating toolbar you can't hide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank the gods I found this. Switched back to the "old" Adobe. Next time, try talking to people who actually use your products daily before adding useless features like a floating toolbar that gets in the way of my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the ridiculous floating tool bar??  I've read the comments and still do not see a solution from Adobe. This is the dumbest upgrade feature I have ever seen. It floats on my document so I need to move it around to read my document. Who designed this????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro v23.003.20215.0

1. Press F8 to hide the Page Controls menu.
  2. When you hover over the bottom of the document, the popup menu shows up.  This is what we want to disable.
  3. From the menu, select View|Show/Hide|Page Controls|Undock.
  4. Hover over the bottom of the document again to display the popup menu again.
  5. Now click the right-most button with the up arrow, which should now be visible (it wasn't for me in Step #2 above).
  6. The hover popup is gone now!
  7. To get back to the Page Controls, use the menu or press F8.

It should not be this hard to do this, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023.006.20320 (Mac) pressing f8 has no effect (holding the fn-f8 and just f8)  toggling my page controls menu. Going into "read mode" is a workable solution - but less than ideal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seven steps and it should not be this hard to do this? How do you do this on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update for 2024:   How do I remove this floating tool bar. No 'arrow up' option to integrate it into existing tool bar.  

Natalie351902750grz_0-1706818789133.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution to this? Nobody in their right mind wants floating toolbars constantly getting in the way. Why does Adobe forever insist on downgrading their software with every update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only "solution" to this seems to be to "Disable new Acrobat" using the Menu button, then clicking on that button. It sould be under View. This whole thing is annoying. Seems this is the only way to get rid of such unnecessary things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I discovered this solution as well, amd it works.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's a wonderful solution! I don't think it was available when I
first posted my complaint. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, you saved me from throwing my computer out the window!  What a stupid feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines