• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit Author name in Adobe Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My name is spelled wrong whenever I post omments in Adobe acrobat DC.

First, I tried changing it from 'Preferences > Identity', but it does not allow editing.

I tried second option, as follows:

1. Right click on comment

2. go to Properties

3.  go to General

4. Change the name in front of 'Author'

5. Check 'make properties default'

It changed the name for some (not all) of the comments in that particular document, but did not change it permanently.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Go to Edit (or the Acrobat menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - Commenting and tick off the box next to "Always use Log-In Name for Author name".
Now right-click a comment and select Properties. Go to the General tab and change the Author name. Make sure to also tick the box that says "Make Properties Default".
Click OK, and any new comment you create (from that type) from now on will have your name as the Author by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Would be great if this actually worked. Nothing changed. Even did the restart after ticking off the box "Always use Log-In Name for Author name".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit (or the Acrobat menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - Commenting and tick off the box next to "Always use Log-In Name for Author name".
Now right-click a comment and select Properties. Go to the General tab and change the Author name. Make sure to also tick the box that says "Make Properties Default".
Click OK, and any new comment you create (from that type) from now on will have your name as the Author by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would be great if this actually worked. Nothing changed. Even did the restart after ticking off the box "Always use Log-In Name for Author name".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines