• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export all text of PDF containing mix of sentences, tables, charts, pie charts ?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to Word do not capture all text within images

Export to Excel do not capture text in large table when there is Header and Footer (my table is 40 rows by 4 columns)

How to export all text ?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share more information?

What is the version of the software and operating system you are using?

The type of operation you are describing is pretty unpredictable. The result you get really depends on the way the file weas produced in the first place. Because there are no settings to play with all you can do is export from Acrobat, or open from the Office app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Standard DC 2015 Release (Classic) I Version 2015.006.30527

Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1415)

IMHO, my situation is typical of finance task: compare text in two versions of PowerPoint slides containing mix of sentences, tables, charts, pie charts.

If export can extract all text, it would save tremendous effort instead of having seperate exports to text for each of following categories:

1. sentences
  2. tables
  3. images

Currently, as alternative to visual which is prone to human error, I am using combination of Word, Adobe Export to Spreadsheet, Adobe Export to Word and PowerPoint Compare to differentiate two versions of PowerPoint ....

Thanks for support!

220722.rfi.Adobe.How to export all text of PDF containing mix of sentences, tables, charts, pie charts.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would usually recomend to update to the latest version, but in this case, I am not sure this would really help.

Have you tried to open the file in MS Word. just Word>File>Open  ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines