• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to extract highlighted text from a pdf?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reading multiple research papers on plants and i have highlighted more than 1000 lines now i have to extract them in some way because i cannot spend more time on it doing manually. Is there any way to it in one scoop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have the bottom checkbox checked?

"Copy selected text into Highlight, strikethrough, Underline, and Replace Text comment pop-ups"

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 9.45.55 AM.png

If so, you can export the comments as an FDF file. Then change the extension from FDF to XML. Then open that file in Excel. 

If that checkbox in the preferences was not checked, then, there's not much you can do, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that checkbox in the preferences was not checked, then, there's not much you can do, sorry.

By @Document Geek

Actually, there is. A script can be used to detect the underlying text and retroactively copy it back into the comment. For example, this (paid-for) tool I've developed will do just that: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-retroactively-copy-highlighted-text-into-comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You For Your Humble Reply!

Brother is there any way i can do it for free. I have a research paper on this plant and i dont want to lose more time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact me privately and I'll see what I can do for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have tried to find a good answer for this using either the Adobe browser option or the desktop application but could not find a straight forward answering for doing so.

One of the ways (which was easy to me) to do so was to use another desktop application, Foxit PDF, to do it, as over there you have an inbuilt option to export all your comments or highlighted text to a .txt file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines