• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get into full commenting mode?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what this "mode" is called, but I am running Acrobat Pro DC on two different Macs. On Mac #1, I installed the app and got things working very quickly. I somehow managed to get all of the commenting tools across the top of the menu AND most importantly, was working in a commenting mode (if that is what it is called) where I did not have to constantly select buttons. For example, I could simply highlight a passage of text in the PDF and start typing and it would strike out the text I selected and add in the new text into a tex insertion comment.

I installed the app on my second Mac later today and NOTHING is working the same way. I have what seems to be a floating toolbar sitting to the left and I have to constantly go to this vertical toolbar and then select the tool I want to use and then go back and select the area and work from there. How do I get this more seamless behavior back on my second Mac??

Online help videos are useless as everyone has a menu bar that looks different than mine. The only other difference is Mac #1 is a newer Mac and is running Monterey, while Mac #2 is older and running Catalina.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Mark27075179p0n2,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat DC and the delayed response.

We tried reproducing the issue at our end but the comments toolbar opened attached to the first toolbar. 

Would you mind letting us know if the file that you are opening is a shared file or only you have the access to the file?

Also, you might want to reset the preferences of the application to default. You can view the steps in the given thread link:

How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to defaul

You might want to check whether the version numbers of the applications on both the system are same too.

Hope this helps.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines