• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import docx when select Create PDF

New Here ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When selecting Create PDF function, the explorer window only shows files that I have currently saved as PDF in Windows 10.  It doesn't show .docx files I want to create a PDF from.  This makes absolutely no sense.  Why would I want to create a PDF from a selection of PDFs? 

I am only going to want to create PDF's from other formats, most likely .docx.  This is the main reason I purchased Acrobat.  It is much simpler to edit documents in Word and save them as PDFs than to edit PDF documents in Acrobat.  So there really is no need to pay monthly for Acrobat when I can accomplish creating, editing and saving PDFs in Word.  

I have Acrobat build 24.002.20759 and run Windows 10 Pro 19045.4412.

I swear I have been able to find .docx files to select from my File Explorer in the past when I select Create PDF and imported to create a PDF.  Unless I have gone crazy.  Today, not able to even see .docx files in the File Explorer window.  DOCX files aren't listed as a supported filetype to convert to PDF, though.  

Maybe I am remembering using Acrobat DC Pro at work has this funcionality, but the Acrobat DC I use at home doesn't have this funcitionality? 

I am sure the #1 functionality people want is to convert .docx files to .pdf.  

It appears this functionality isn't available in Acrobat, but is in Word. 

I have included the version and build information above because all the expert advice I have seen request this info.  

Why am I paying monthly for an app that doesn't do the #1 thing I bought it for? I generally don't need to merge PDFs or even edit them at home.  

Editing in Acrobat is a nightmare with the boxes surrounding the text that allow you to type your edits, but types them over the next box so it is impossible to read to see if you have edited the box you want to edit correctly.  Sorry Adobe community, this is much simpler to edit in Word and save as a .pdf. 

Explain the functionality or logic of what is a functionality or isn't a functionality in the Acrobat DC build I have mentioned.  I can't find a reason to continue to pay for Acrobat monthly if it can't do the #1 thing I need it to do.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

In the bottom right of your What_Acrobat_Sees diagram their is a supported file formats, can you see if there are other options on that dropdown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines