• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make combined pdf pages the same size.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have combined several pages into one pdf Binder.  Although all the pages were built on 8.5 x 11 inch paper, inside the combined pdf they are different sizes on the scree.  How can I achieve continuity between all the page sizes?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Print to Adobe PDF with "fit" (uncheck from "actual size") in print settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide , Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

You can do this with Acrobat Pro.

Go to Tools> Print Production> Prefilght> FixUps (blue wrench icon)> Pages.

Select Scale pages to specified size

Go to the little fly-out menu and duplicate the prefilght, give it a new name.

Click on Edit, to change the desired final trim size and the method used to get to this size (scale, white border, etc.)

Click on Fix to apply the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the picture speaks more than a thousand words especially when you get to my age!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method also allows you to print 4 PDF pages into one sheet of paper (2 by 2), for example. I used it to convert hundreds of DIN A6 labels (each one a different page) into DIN A4 pages with 4 labels in it. Printed them as a PDF, and sent that PDF to print so they didn't have to mess with these options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently using adobe dc pro version 15 and windows 10 pro and after searching the web I could not find a way to do this so, I thought I post to the forum for help.

Let’s say I have various adobe pdf single files and what I would like is to combine all these files into a book with all the pages numbers 1, 2 3 etc and back to back.

Is there away to do this and if so how?

If more information is needed let me know.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can combine PDF files in Acrobat via File - Create - Combine Files into a Single PDF, then you can number them using the Number Pages or Add Header & Footer tools (the former will change the labels of the pages, the latter will add an actual page number to them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to scan an 80-page document via my Officejet Pro 6968. Each page has content on both sides and this device doesn't support scanning front and back. This means I'll have to scan the odd pages first to a PDF file and repeat this operation for the even pages, leaving me with two PDFs. 

If I were to combine these two into 1 PDF, is there a way to restore the correct page order, without having to do it manually with Organize Pages?

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this one sorted out. I didn't realize Acrobat DC has a Scan tool that has the option to scan both sides. (I don't use this app much). 

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @Chris Panny,

Take a look at the link below for a possible solution...

http://www.a-pdf.com/faq/how-to-merge-odd-pages-and-reversed-even-pages-together.htm

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I combine pdfs into one "Binder" often the pages appear in different sizes although everything began as 8 1/2 x 11" paper.  Is there a method for making all pages of a pdf the same size.  It does not present a very professional appearance - looks kind of dorky.Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 1.53.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the case it means the files didn't have the same page size in the first place. Acrobat does not modify the page sizes when combining files, not to make them identical and certainly not to make them different from one another...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To try67,

Thanks, but they were the same size. Perhaps it is due to different originating systems. Or, because I used “Comments” on each page, then saved, then “Combine files into one pdf . . .” it made the page sizes different. Is there a way to know what Acrobat “sees” as the page size before performing the “combine” function?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they look the same, but are not. You need to look at the zoom level you're at, not just at the size of the page on the screen...

And adding comments has no influence on the page size.

To see the actual page size go to Edit - Preferences - Page Display and tick the box that says "Always show document page size".

Then it will appear at the bottom left corner of each page you open, for example:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I often take pdf web page captures, the problem is that the software, Adobe Acrobat Dc 2018 or other, splits them into several A4 pages and suddenly cuts right in the middle of the images or the table. Since these pdf are not intended for printing I would like to merge all A4 pages into one and the same pages, which will result in one huge page.
Is it possible to do this manipulation with Adobe Acrobat Dc or other and if so how?

I put a capture and the pdf as an example so that you can test if you want.
Can you help me please ?

Ps: Please answer in simple English because I am French and I use Google Translate.
Thank you ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adaline,

If they are just for your viewing (and not for printing), I'd suggest you use the free "Print Friendly" website. This is not affileated with Adobe at all.

Some websites do provide "print" options for saving but many do not.

What Print Friendly does provide is the option to view what you will get before you either Print or PDF the page and this included removing adds, images, or other items you do not want to keep in your PDF. Just mouse-over the undesired content and click on the trash can icon. 

Just go to https://www.printfriendly.com and follow the instructions for your browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, I just tried but I click on the "Print" button of the site and then in my "print in pdf" browser or that I click on the "PDF" button of the site:
1) The layout is not the same as the web page, and in addition in the preview on the site, the web page is not split but in the final file they are split
2) The layout between what we see on the screen and differs from the final file.
3) On the other hand it splits the pages well without cutting the tables.
So there is better but I would still like to keep the layout of the original page.
Do you have another idea or parameter please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adaline,

Did you try Print Friendly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my previous answer concerns precisely Print Friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, OK, 

When I first read that I thought you had clicked a "Print" button on the web page in question. Also, you tapped your comment as the correct answer, not mine. If you find this a viable approach for you, please tap my suggestion as the correct answer so that others may benefit.

Glad I could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adaline,

One last thought in reference you wanting "just right" results. 

The only way you can get that is if you were to take all of the parts of any page and rebuild them to your specifications. There are conflicting issues going on and any locking in of one attribute, say width, has to be adjusted by another attribute, say length. When you add images into the mix, and not wanting them cut into strips, you have further complications. 

Lastly, I know of no saving to PDF format for websites that does not consider adding page breaks and that adds yet one more complication. 

FWIW, in years past I might take a web page, copy and save the text, copy and save the images, and reconstruct the whole thing to my liking. (I obvioulsy had too much time on my hands at that point in my life.) 

There is a lot going on under the skin on these things, please accept what you can get but that doesn't mean you can't keep looking. Until Print Friendly I was constantly looking for something better. For me, that is the best I've found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Thanks for your help, i will wait, if other person have a better solution here.
Have a good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I answered you on the French pdf forum, but if you come more frequently on this one, here is what I suggest to you.

Run the attached script from the Acrobat Pro console.

// Indiquer la marge (mm)
var marge=10;
//
var mm2pt=72/25.4;
var margin=marge*mm2pt;
var aRect=this.getPageBox("Crop");
var nbPages=this.numPages;
var Chemin=this.path;
var CheminSansExtension=Chemin.substring(0,Chemin.length-4);
this.newPage(nbPages,aRect[2],((nbPages*aRect[1])-(margin*(nbPages-1))));
for (var p=0; p<nbPages; p++) {
    this.addWatermarkFromFile({
        cDIPath: Chemin,
        nSourcePage: p,
        nStart: nbPages,
        nEnd: nbPages,
        nVertAlign: app.constants.align.top,
        nVertValue: ((margin*2)-aRect[1])*p,
    });
}
this.deletePages(0,nbPages-1);
app.execMenuItem("FitWidth");
this.saveAs(CheminSansExtension+" (en 1 page).pdf");

You have to indicate in the script the printing margin because I don't know how do that via JavaScript and I think it is not possible (if anyone knows...).

I hope this will help you.

@+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm sorry to come back several months after the last reply, but I haven't had a connection all this time.
I really thank bebarth because your script works great, I had a hard time using the Adobe Acrobat DC console, but now I know how!
I'm sticking the procedure here if it can help other people.

1) Open the pdf with Adobe Acrobat DC

2) Click on "Tools" located at the top right

3) Click on "JavaScript" located at the bottom of the right column.

4) Click on the "Debugger" button located on the top banner.

5) Copy / paste the script in the console.

6) Select the whole script (CTRL + A) and (IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY) Press the "Enter" key on the numeric keypad!

If you press the Alphabetical "Enter" key it will not work !!!

To activate the console:

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/ressources-et-tutos/js-et-formulaires-ressources/console-javascript-d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je propose de prendre le problème dans l'autre sens :

1. Utiliser la fonction de Firefox/Chrome qui permet de capturer une page web entière (au format PNG).

2. Utiliser Acrobat Pro pour convertir la capture PNG en PDF, avec reconnaissance de caractères.

Sinon, sur Mac on peut utiliser l'indispensable Paparazzi! qui permet de convertir directement une page web entière en PDF : https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/ressources-et-tutos/pdf-mac/paparazzi-conversion-html-vers-pdf/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour JR Boulay,
Merci pour votre réponse, mais ça ne va pas, car après avoir fait une capture de qualité avec la fonction de Firefox que vous indiquez, j'ouvre Acrobat dc, je choisis de créer un nouveau fichier pdf à partir d'un fichier, je sélectionne donc le fichier image de la capture, jusque là tout va bien mais quand je clique sur "Outils" > "Modifier le fichier PDF"
à partir de la l'OCR d’Acrobat DC se met en marche pour reconnaitre le texte, mais une fois terminé, toutes les images du fichier pdf sont très détériorés ainsi que le texte..
Je voudrais mettre en piece jointe le pdf fait avec votre méthode et celui fait avec le script de "bebarth" ainsi que la capture, mais je ne sais pas comment faire..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines