• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make combined pdf pages the same size.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have combined several pages into one pdf Binder.  Although all the pages were built on 8.5 x 11 inch paper, inside the combined pdf they are different sizes on the scree.  How can I achieve continuity between all the page sizes?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Print to Adobe PDF with "fit" (uncheck from "actual size") in print settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide , Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

You can do this with Acrobat Pro.

Go to Tools> Print Production> Prefilght> FixUps (blue wrench icon)> Pages.

Select Scale pages to specified size

Go to the little fly-out menu and duplicate the prefilght, give it a new name.

Click on Edit, to change the desired final trim size and the method used to get to this size (scale, white border, etc.)

Click on Fix to apply the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How skilled are you with Acrobat JavaScript?  This not a terribly difficult task if you have some programming skills.    

Loop over the pages in the shortest doc, inserting pages into the document with the largest number of pages. Then save to a new name. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I mentioned it in the thread linked to above (although that link is broken), but I've developed a (paid-for) tool that allows you to do just that, and it can handle both files with the same amount of pages (ie, the result file has a even number of pages) or when there's a different of one page between them (ie, the result file has an odd number of pages). You can find it here: http://try67.blogspot.com/2008/12/acrobat-combine-even-odd-pages.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scanned my notes and and combined all pages (scanned images) using right click contextr menu and made pdf.

I opened that pdf in acrobat pro later and replaced a page (organise pages > right click on page > insert page >selected page image)

Issue - Why this replaced page size is larger than other pages (see attachment) ? 

I want to fix this. Please tell me how to do that.

[I checked the properties of pages below it and the pixel resolution is same 2040*2807]

[I made the pdf file of that single page and then inserted it but still it's larger]

John_2021_0-1620893362092.png

Thanks & regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF pages don't have a pixel resolution, so I don't know what you checked. They have a size in "inches" or "mm", though they may not be that size on screen. Hover in the bottom left of the page and it will show you the size - and show you that these are wildly different. That will tell you what page size you need to make for the replacement page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Preflight tool to scale all pages to the same size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where to go in preflight menu ?

Can you elaborate ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a .pdf in Acrobat DC from combined .jpg images of documents photographed with an iphone. How can I format the .pdf so that all the pages are letter size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use an Acrobat preflight fixup to specify the page size (Tools> Print Production> Preflight> Fixups (blue wrench icon), type "scale" in the search field. You can also duplicate and re-name the existing preflight and then edit it to access more options.

Another option would be to create a multipage InDesign file, place the images into each page, cropping and re-sizing as needed, then export to a new PDF.

Scale pages.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reducing to 02 pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines