• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make combined pdf pages the same size.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have combined several pages into one pdf Binder.  Although all the pages were built on 8.5 x 11 inch paper, inside the combined pdf they are different sizes on the scree.  How can I achieve continuity between all the page sizes?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Print to Adobe PDF with "fit" (uncheck from "actual size") in print settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide , Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

You can do this with Acrobat Pro.

Go to Tools> Print Production> Prefilght> FixUps (blue wrench icon)> Pages.

Select Scale pages to specified size

Go to the little fly-out menu and duplicate the prefilght, give it a new name.

Click on Edit, to change the desired final trim size and the method used to get to this size (scale, white border, etc.)

Click on Fix to apply the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Par défaut Acrobat Pro a tendance à bousiller les images lors de la conversion en PDF et lors de la reconnaissance de caractères, mais ça se règle (à deux endroits donc) :

- Préférences : Convertir vers PDF : PNG : choisir la compression ZIP ou JPEG2000 SANS PERTE

- Reconnaissance de caractères : Options (ou Réglages) : choisir le type de sortie IMAGE INDEXABLE (EXACTE)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
My apologies for all these months of silence!
Thank you very much for the picture quality settings, it's really better, there is still a slight loss of quality, but too bad. Last question, do you know how to extract an image from a pdf file?
All the solutions that I have found on the internet are generally not very convincing.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,
Toutes mes excuses pour tous ces mois de silences !
Merci beaucoup pour les réglages de qualité d'image, c'est vraiment mieux, il y a encore une légère perte de qualité, mais tant pis. Dernière question, savez-vous comment faire pour extraire une image d'un fichier pdf ?
Toutes les solutions que j'ai trouvé sur internet ne sont en général pas très convaincantes..
Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clic-droit sur l'image avec l'outil Edition : Modifier avec : Photoshop (ou autre).

Capture_307.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci !!!! ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.  Is there a way in Acrobat to combine two portrait-oriented PDF pages into one landscape-oriented page; like if you take two 8 1/2" x 11" pieces of paper, oriented vertically and put them side-by-side to make one 17" x 11", combined piece?

Thanks for any feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use following plugin:

Quite Imposing: home page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original hardcopy documents were printed on both sides of the page.  They were scanned face up into one pdf file, then all pages in the whole document were turned over and the other side was scanned into a second pdf file.  So I have one pdf file containing page 1, page 3, page 5 etc, and another pdf file containing page 2, page 4, page 6 etc.  Is there some simple way to combine these into a single file with consecutive pages, or do I have to do it the hard way, extracting one page at a time and then inserting one page at a time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've developed a (paid-for) tool exactly for this purpose. It allows you to do it in seconds.

You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-combine-even-odd-pages-2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I've tried to search for an answer to this question, but I'm having no luck.  I'm hoping someone in this community might be able to point me in the right direction.

We have 2 different PDF files, each with 100 pages - numbered from 1-100.  I'm trying to merge the document, but keep the sequence.  So we would have page 1 from the first PDF, followed by page 1 from the 2nd PDF file and so on. 

I know how to combine files, but when combining it would put all 100 pages in together.  We have a really painful work around in Indesign, but I'm thinking there must be an easier method?  I'm only using 100 pages as an example, I could manually drag them into place - but if we had 5000 pages that would take forever.

Look forward to your feedback - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the pages in order in both files? In other words, does one file contain the even pages from the merged file and the other the odd pages, in sequential order? If so, then you can use this (paid-for) tool I've developed to merge them with ease: http://try67.blogspot.com/2008/12/acrobat-combine-even-odd-pages.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted an old, disintegrating scrapbook into digital images, with the goal of turning it into a PDF.
Because of the size of the project, it seemed best to break the task into creating three 'Section' PDFs and then combine them all into one Master PDF. 
It took me several tedious hours to painstakingly, manually number the pages in the three Section PDFs, this particular way:
Section 1 PDF is numbered thusly:
Picture of of page 1
Page 1 item 1
Page 1 item 2
Picture of page 2
Page 2 item 1
Page 2 item 2, etc.
Section 2 PDF is numbered thusly:
Picture of of page 3
Page 3 item 1
Page 3item 2
Picture of page 4
Page 4 item 1
Page 4 item 2, etc.
Section 3 PDF is numbered thusly:
Picture of of page 5
Page 5 item 1
Page 5 item 2
Picture of page 6
Page 6 item 1
Page 6 item 2, etc.
etc.

But when I try to append the Section 2 and Section 3 PDFs to Section 1, the Section 1 numbering is retained only up to the end of Section 1 ("Page 6 Item 2"). After that, Sections 2 and 3 manual page numbers get destroyed: all the rest of the appended section pages are renumbered to, "Page  6 item 3, Page 6 item 4, page 6 item 5" etc. ad infinitum to "page 6 item 24".

What am i doing wrong...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've mentioned

• Page
  • Picture
  • Item
  • Section

But in the Page Label (page numbering) dialog box, there are only Pages and sections.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 4.16.15 PM.png

I don't know know what you mean by items or pictures. A screenshot would really help. Or even better yet, several screenshots, one of each of your three "Section" PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally I wanted to know how to make a Javascript to combine page 1 from document 1, with pages 1-2 from from document 2, and so on, to the end of the respective files, but I've found my situation is more complicated.

My organization is basically a large retail supply organization, we receive hundreds to thousands of orders on a daily basis. There is one Transfer Order document, and 3 copies of the Release Document.  As it stands, the system we use generates the TO's separately from the RD's, and people manually combine them after they're printed using a Delivery Number that is on each document. When the documents are generated, there is an archive file of TO PDF's, with a maximum of 200 pages per file, and there is an archive of RD PDF's, with a max page count of 400(the system only generates 2 of each release doc, we get creative with the print properties to get 3 of each).  We typically combine the TO PDF's together, then in a separate process combine the RD PDF's for validation purposes. One of the main issues we run into is that there isn't always a TO for an RD, and there isn't always an RD for a TO, so automatically combining the smaller PDF files results in mismatches. 

What I want to know is: Is it possible to automate the combination of the TO file with the RD file and have it match the pages using the Document Number, dumping any unmatched documents into their own file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's most likely possible, yes, but it's almost impossible to say for sure without seeing the actual files.

Also, this kind of thing requires the development of a completely custom-made tool, which is not a simple task.

If you're interested I'm happy to have a look at your files and let you know if I think it's doable, and if so how much it will cost to develop it.

I can also help you sort the issue of having just two RD pages instead of three, by duplicating one of them automatically.

You can contact me at try6767 at gmail.com to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that has an old freeware that will take 2 documents and shuffle them together automatically.

Example

Document A has 200 pages

Document B has 200 pages

Combine the documents but it will take Page 1 of document A, then page 1 of document B becomes page 2, Page 2 of document A, then becomes page 3 and so on until the end.

We don't want freewares in our environment.
I gave him an Acrobat Pro license to see if it has the functionality but I'm not seeing it.
Anyone have ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acorbat does not have that feature built in. But there is a paid for script that will do it: https://try67.blogspot.com/2008/12/acrobat-combine-even-odd-pages.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a work-around, the object is to get all of the pages from documents A & B in alphabetical order, which will allow the tool File> Create> Combine files into single pdf, to preserve the page order.

Move the two documents into separate folders and give them the exact same names, i.e "Doc"

Tools> Organize> Extract (with all pages selected)> Extract as separate pages, do the same to both files.

Select all of the pages in one of the folders and duplicate them, while still selected, move the duplicated pages into the other folder of pages, the page order of the combined folder will be Doc 1 copy, Doc 1, Doc 2 copy, Doc 2, Doc 3 copy, Doc 3 etc.

File> Create> Combine files into single pdf, navigate to the combined folder. 

You can make a feature request here to add shuffling combine to a future update:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am looking to combine two PDF files, but I need them to be alternating pages. So the order would be page 1 of the first document, page 1 of the second document, page 2 of the first document, page 2 of the second document, and so on. Is there an easy way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response 🙂 The problem here is that it omits pages. So two 3 page documents should result in 6 pages total. This method results in 4 pages total. Am I wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does you need a script for two 3 pages documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was an example. We will be dealing with larger documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines