• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make PDF accessible for people using JAWS

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I urgently need to make a PDF accessible for someone using JAWS how do I do that?

I have converted a large document using Adobe Reader DC however the person needs to be able to read it using his JAWS reading software.

How do I make this document accessible? Is this something I can do with Adobe Reader R01? If so how?

Thank you so much in advance.

Thanks,

Ax

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

I wouldn't have either! But there is a forum, with resources and knowledgeable people here: Standards & Accessibility (tagged PDF)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the starting point for the PDF. For example is it scanned from paper, a Word document...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It was a word document that was converted to PDF. I still have the word document available...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, making documents accessible is about tagging them. Which varies from an automatic process to weeks of meticulous editing. Either way, it's a job for Acrobat Pro. One thing Acrobat Pro will do is allow you to make a Word document into a tagged PDF, which at least takes care of a lot of the work, before rolling up your sleeves to start looking over the detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for explaining!

Is there a guide for me to follow on how to tag word docs? I have no idea on what i am doing...! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't have either! But there is a forum, with resources and knowledgeable people here: Standards & Accessibility (tagged PDF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi abah19453951,

I see you posted in the Standards & Accessibility forum a couple of hours before you posted here, so I am locking this thread.

How to make PDF accessible for people using JAWS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines