Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to paste digital signature fields across multiple pages

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking to quickly add text and digital signature fields to a drawing. I have drawings that require 1 text field and 5 digital signature fields per page, with the drawings varying from 1 to 20 pages. It is very time consuming to do this manually. I've managed to copy and paste over the fields from a template drawing to new drawings for the first page, but am unable to paste any more fields on any more pages once one paste has been done. I am able to duplicate the text field across all pages, but while not duplicate the  digital signature field.

Is there a way to duplicate or paste digital signature fields across multiple pages?

Thank you, Kevin

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

No, because a digital signature applies to the entire file as a whole.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because a digital signature applies to the entire file as a whole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately that doesn't help me, except I'll stop searching for ways to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bottom line is there's no need to sign a file digitally more than once, unless you have multiple people signing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to sign pages there is a huge problem with your plan. Revisit the concept until you don’t need to do that any more. Large numbers of signatures quickly cause forms and software to collapse, quite apart from being wrong in principle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will not argue with it being wrong in principle as I agree, but this is a customer requirement. What do you mean by "collapse"?

Is there a specific number of max signatures that should be observed? As I mentioned earlier we are looking at 5 signatures per page, with the number of pages varying form 1 to 20. 95% of the drawings are 5 sheets or less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100 digital signatures is out of the question. The software will fail with errors. Long before the errors, though, the performance will become ever more terrible. Each signature is on the entire file, and doing anything involves unraveling each signature in turn.

This is a common conceptual problem made in transferring paper-based signature workflows without re-engineering the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I hope you can help me. I have multiple pages and a few of them needs a signature. How to duplicate a signature block so that when a signee signed only one box it will appear on the other pages? Just like text boxes, I am able to copy/ duplicate them so that the information will also show on the other pages and it would not waste a lot of time just by filling in or signing it.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, in Acrobat 5 Pro, this was easily done. In later versions this feature was removed, probably for security reasons. But the fact of the matter is that signatures sometimes need to appear on multiple pages, especially when individual pages are printed to hard copy, and signatures need to be visible. Just because digital signatures apply to a document as a whole does not negate the need to see the signature on multiple pages. Personally, I think that this behavior should be available as a user option, since Adobe can't posibly know all of the use scenarios for their apps, and seeing the signature on more than one page does not make the document less secure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A printed digital signature is worthless, as it can't be verified. If you want a signature to appear on each page then use the Stamp tool, or one of the commenting tools to do so. Then digitally sign the file (once!) using a signature field for actual verification purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines