• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to print to pdf and open automatically?

New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in Windows 10, it is easy to "print to pdf", but is there a way to set the default so that the new pdf document always opens automatically?  In Word, using the "save as" function, and selecting pdf, there is a box that can be checked to achieve this - but can the same default be achieved by "print to pdf" rather than "save as"?  This would make it suitable to applications other than Word, like printing to pdf from iTunes.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Using the Windows 10 control panel for Devices & Printers I can access the Adobe PDF printer and on the PDF Printer Preferences page there is an option to "View PDF Printer Results".

DisplayPDFPrinterResults.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Windows 10 control panel for Devices & Printers I can access the Adobe PDF printer and on the PDF Printer Preferences page there is an option to "View PDF Printer Results".

DisplayPDFPrinterResults.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Settings, there is not even an option for Adobe PDF - only "Microsoft Print to PDF" - there are no options to check a box anywhere from those choices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if you have not paid for Acrobat. So you don’t have any Adobe software that can help you with this.  Acrobat is around $15 per month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered as I did because this is the forum for Adobe Acrobat not Windows. You could install Nitro PDF Reader and get a PDF printer that supports that feature. Not available with Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if the box is checked, but it's still not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@maddie0130, did you ever solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

box is checked and it does not open to view. Anyone figure this out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  When I initially began using, they opened.  Suddenly, they stopped despite that results box being checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact version number of the application (You can find it out by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat)? What's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone fixed this. I am having same issue. Box checked but not opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This used to work for me as well.  It seems in my case with Acrobat 17, which I paid quite a bit of money for, this no longer works.  I have tried checking, and unchecking the "View Adobe PDF Results" box and I still cannot get it to work.  I called Adobe support, and so far they seem clueless.

This feature of the program is now broken.

Great job Adobe, nice way to treat your paying customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you aren't using "run as administrator" on the app from which you are printing. One possible cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This used to work for me as well. It seems in my case with Acrobat 17, which I paid quite a bit of money for, this no longer works. I have tried checking, and unchecking the "View Adobe PDF Results" box and I still cannot get it to work. I called Adobe support, and so far they seem clueless.

Is there another solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This took me a while to figure out! Just make sure when you select your printer, you choose "Adobe PDF" and not "Save as PDF"  Both of these selections will save the file in a location of your choosing, but only the "Adobe PDF" will automatically open the file in Acrobat Reader. This is not a setting in Chrome or Edge; this is a Windows feature.

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did choose the "Adobe PDF" printer but still not working as it used too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not working for me either. Why did this suddenly change? It's so frustrating having to dig through my computer to find my document. I utilize this tool over 30 times a day for work. Has someone found a workaround yet? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did anyone had this resolved? I am having the same issues right now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines