• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to replace all instances of a word in acrobat pro ?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to replace all instances (around 534) of a word in my pdf file.

Currently I have to click the option replace with for every instance.

Is there any option or way like "replace all"  so that I click once and it replaces all instances of that word in single click ?

Please tell me if anyone knows.

Thanks and regards. 

John_2021_0-1622725835645.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry. That is not a feature of Adobe Acrobat. There is further discusion on that topic here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/find-and-replace-all/m-p/6981117

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is not a word processor or a desktop publishing system). so it's support for things that are easy to do in e.g. MS Word are not necessarily things that Acrobat is good at. It's always best to make these kinds of changes in the original application, and then convert to PDF. As an alternative, you can try to export the PDF as a Word document, make the necessary changes in Word, and then convert back to PDF. I am not aware of a method in Acrobat to do a find and replace all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no but there are cases where it's not that easy, the original program is AutoCAD and it's a 192 pages file, in AutoCAD I'd have to print/export out one by one since they are individual arquichectural plans that I later combined. So, I better start clicking my replace button 😩  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the new and old texts are the same length, and there's no surrounding graphics around it, then you could use the Remove Text redaction tool to do it. Set the old text as the text to redact, and the new text as the "Overlay text" of the redactions and it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines