Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Reverse Page Order in Acrobat Pro 9

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2009 Jan 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I thought this would be an easy thing to do in Acrobat but so far I am finding it is not.

I am creating a PDF from multiple files, they are jpegs, and I am dragging and dropping them into the "combine files" window in the order I want them to be displayed. However Acrobat reverses this order as you put them in and then gives you no chance to switch the order. It gives you the option to move the order one by one (which is nearly impossible when the jpeg titles are img1824, img1623, etc.) so they other option is to add the files I want backwards, which my brain can not do, I like to work forwards, not backwards nor should I have to.

So once I create this backwards PDF, isn't there a way to just reverse the order of the pages? any help is appreciated.

e~

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason this path wasn't working for me. Has this changed in the last 13 years perhaps? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It's:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat <VERSION NUMBER>\Acrobat\JavaScripts
Or:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat <VERSION NUMBER>\Acrobat\JavaScripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get this to work in Acrobat Pro X for Mac by changing the following.  Acrobat 10 did not have a drop down menu called "Document."

app.addMenuItem({ cName: "Reverse", cParent: "Document", cExec: "PPReversePages();", cEnable: "event.rc = (event.target != null);", nPos: 0

to

app.addMenuItem({ cName: "Reverse", cParent: "View", cExec: "PPReversePages();", cEnable: "event.rc = (event.target != null);", nPos: 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how does one "add" this script to the Javascripts folder??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a .js file with that code and save it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

loovely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a year-and-a-half since this script was first posted, but it proved to be EXACTLY what I needed today. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a lo fi, non script method of printing reverse.  You basically create a whole new pdf, the but the process shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Extract all the pages in the document to somewhere you can find them.  Be sure to add 0's before the extracted page numbers 1 through 9, this will keep them in order for the next step.  Now go to File> Combine> Merge files into a Single PDF...  Either find the extracted files in "Add Files..." or simply drag them into the window.  Now click the "Name" tab on the top left and this will reverse the order of the pages.  Press "Combine Files" and now you have a pdf in reversed order you can print.  Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

superb!!!!!!........it worked.................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2011 Aug 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, and I can hardly make sense of the advice you've been given, so I'm just going to tell the recipient of my document to reverse the pages themself. That this is an advanced command that requires the use of scripts seems completely absurd to me, and just reinforces my total lack of interest in updating my old software. I have the trial version of Adobe Acrobat Pro X at the moment and as soon as I can go back to my dinosaur software (and get my serial codes, etc, since I'm traveling), I'll do so. Advanced functions are great, but it's really frustrating that the user side isn't taken into consideration more in the process of updating software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2011 Oct 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how i can use it in acrobat x in windows 7 64bit?

ich copied the scipt to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Javascripts an edited

app.addMenuItem({ cName: "Reverse", cParent: "Document", cExec: "PPReversePages();", cEnable: "event.rc = (event.target != null);", nPos: 0

to

app.addMenuItem({ cName: "Reverse", cParent: "View", cExec: "PPReversePages();", cEnable: "event.rc = (event.target != null);", nPos: 0

i tried too, to find the folder "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0\JavaScripts" but the folder "JavaScripts" doesn't exist in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0\

i created the folder an copied the script, but it still doesn't works.

regards

Flocci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an unreasonable (stupid is a better adjective) Adobe programming error which should be addressed by an Adobe automatic update.  To date, Adobe is forcing its customers to waste a lot of valuable time attempting to seek a solution to this reverse page order problem.  My situation: I converted a numbered 10-page Office 2007 Word document to an AA 9 Pro Extended PDF file, which produced all pages in reverse order.  My fix: Print the PDF file again to a new PDF file, selecting "Reverse pages" in the print dialog box (this option was not available when first printing/converting the Word file to a PDF file).  Result: reversed pages converted back to the correct page order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, a huge help in a 38 page pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro cs4 9.5       Open multipage pdf, highlight pages, all pages in left bar using control A.

This is so strange. Go to Documents in top horizontal bar select and view drop down.

You will see Header, Split Pages then Reverse.   In an act of terror and fragile hope I hit Reverse.

It didn't say Reverse Page Order, but what else could it mean. It worked for me.

Slick as can be it reversed the order of my 395 page document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't exist in later versions of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you would want to reverse pages. When you have an auto feed scanner that does not do two sided pages, and one set comes out in reverse order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines