• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to run Acrobat X Pro with Office 2021

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is there any workaround on how to be able to create PDFs with Acrobat X in Word 2021?
I bought the software a few years ago for lots of money and it ran perfectly with Office 2007 and Win 10.
Now on my new laptop it also runs fine, just the Acrobat Taskbar in Office is not available.
I already tried several workaround, also downloaded the relevant .dll file of a newer Acrobat version - without success.

I don't want to buy a software again which works totally fine - apart from this one important function which Adobe obviously decided on purpose no to work anymore so that people pay money again.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have to keep doing work to keep up with Microsoft's changes - this is why we pay for upgrades. Acrobat DC is now on subscription, around $20 per month. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank, I know that Acrobat is now on subscription and I will not support that. I'd rather get an older version on ebay.

Still the program runs perfectly fine, just the dll is not working in Office. This is a decision made by choice to get more money off customers. I don't want to spend 1.000 euro on a software just to find out a few years later that I have to buy it again because they decided not to support it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's one way to look at it. When Acrobat X was released 10 years ago, there was no Office 2021. Adobe didn't break anything - they just didn't have a crystal ball. So - they had to do work. We all hate unbillable work.  Alternatively, since you like your antique software (it was pretty good) why not use it with an antique version of Office and Windows?

Downloading, somewhere, any part of a future version without a license for that version is not something I would entertain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to use it with antique Office 2007. Unfortunately, Microsoft did the same thing and it's impossible to run Office 2007 on Windows 11. I already tried everything.

That's like buying a Tesla car and in 10 years Tesla decides that the car shouldn't run anymore and buyers have to buy a new Tesla if they want to keep using it.

Again, there is no reason why Acrobat X shouldn't be able to write PDFs from Word - apart from that Adobe wants to sell the product again. If they give me compensation for the software that I bought, fine. But just deciding that it's not working anymore is disgusting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround:

Print to Adobe PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, great idea!! Danke aus Hamburg 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

use office 2010 pro on windows 11. The Acrobat X plug-in should work then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, if you run old software, do not expect that to colaborate with newer software. Newer software may or may not work, but it is very unfair, if someone upgrades the other programs, and then cries foul when the old software does not work as expectef. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines