Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to smooth scroll with Acrobat DC

Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to set Acrobat Reader DC to scroll smoothly through a PDF document when viewing it?  Whenever I scroll through any PDF using the arrow key, when moving to a new page, the doc jumps around a lot, causing me to have to constantly use the scroll bar to reposition the page back to the beginning.  This disrupts the reading experience.  I have already tried View > Page Display > Enable Scrolling, but this has no effect on the issue.  I am using Windows 8.1 laptop. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

upload(3).png

Enable this. For me works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I have the same issue as well, where the pages move from left to right when scrolling up/down. Any suggestions on how to stop this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! 

-Kara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View File in Read Mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best solution.

Next to the zoom buttons, click on the Hand icon.

Fullscreen: 

Noobgamer0111_2-1591700422414.png

Windows logo key  + Left arrowMaximize the app or desktop window to the left side of the screen.
Windows logo key  + Right arrowMaximize the app or desktop window to the right side of the screen.

From here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts

When Windows snapped to half the screen (Win+Arrow key):

Noobgamer0111_1-1591700358871.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some may not have the 'Enable Scrolling' icon showing on their toolbar.  If you do not see the  'Enable Scrolling' icon on your toolbar, right-click on the toolbar and you will see the following menu.  Select 'Show Page Display Tools' and click 'Enable Scrolling.'  This will turn on the feature and place the icon in your toolbar.  To turn it off, follow the same steps.

CandiJacobs_1-1602000637139.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I totally missed that you said you already tried this. NVM.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you anyways CandiJacobs, I am sure your answer will help someone down
the line regardless. Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally they made smooth scroll as a default option.

The jumping pages were hurting my eyes and it was very confusing. Before I could not undestand am I on the same page or it is another page one. So I was preffering the browser as a pdf viewer before.

Now I like the Adobe Reader DC again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my macbook pro, I find that I can get the desired effect with the trackpad, but when scrolling with a bluetooth mouse, ENABLE SCROLLING seems not to work. I tried slowing down the mouse scroll settings, but that did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw 2 solutions here:

MAC

ADOBE ACROBAT > Preferences > Accessibility > Always use Page Layout Style > Single Page Continuous

2. Set it to "Fit to Width Scrolling" on the toolbar icon to the right of the zoom % dropdown, then pick a page size in the zoom % drpdown that you prefer. It will glide right down without breaking from page to page. 

Neither worked and neither had any effect.

I'm using a brand new MacBook Pro (11.6 Big Sur) and ADOBE Acrobat Pro DC.

Help!!!

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on this.. when i use my trackpad it works great, but using the scrollwheel on a mouse just does not give a great experience. There have been a few threads about this, but Adobe is not providing any solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20230113_093510.jpg

 The only way I have been able to get smooth scrolling to work is to:

1. Click "View," "Page Display," "Enable Scrolling."

2. Click "Edit," "Preferences," "Documents," then Place a :heavy_check_mark: within the box next to "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" and click "OK."

3. Click "View," and "Read Mode." You will be able to smooth scroll your document.

4. Press "ESC" on your keyboard to exit "Read Mode."

5. Click on the drop-down arrow beside % to change the zoom level. I recommend setting the zoom to 75%; however, find what works for you the best.

6. You can now smooth scroll within Adobe without being in "Red Mode."

Let me know if this works for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the updated Adobe (the one that doesn't have the tool bar at the top) you can go to Menu in the upper left-hand of the window, go to view then Find "Page display" and select "enable scrolling." Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fit-to-width scrolling fixed it for me. then, reduced the size to what I prefer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines