• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop getting prompts for password in Adobe Pro for Mac

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I downloaded a trial version of Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac (2015.006.30355), I have been plagued with dozens of prompts like the following. I hit Always Allow, but the prompts keep coming at unexpected moments. Any idea how to solve this? Apple seems to be saying that they don't recognize the developer.

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 3.15.14 PM.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Hi all,

Please note that we have released a patch today that should mitigate the repeated pop-up issue for most configurations. However, there are a few leftover cases for which we are actively working with Apple to address them.

This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-november-29-2017.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jjjjp,

We apologize for the inconvinience caused, as per the description above, you are getting the prompts to enter the password as shown in the screenshot, Is that correct?

Please try the following steps:

• Please enter the computer password and click on "Always allow".

If above does not work, then please try the following steps:

1. Go to ‘Keychain access’. Select 'login' from left side pane > search for 'v4.services.acrobat.com' from the corresponding list > double click on it > select 'Access control'.
    2. If there’s any entry of 'com.apple.Webkit.Plugin.64.xpc' delete it by clicking on '-'. Press 'Save changes' and provide your password.

c.Then manually get the plugin added. For that please click on '+' and traverse to the location /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices and select 'com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64.xpc'.

d.Press 'Save changes' and provide your password.

If this also does not work, then try:

• Open keychain. Right click on 'Login' from left-hand pane and select 'change settings for keychain login'.

• Make sure both the options are unchecked as shown in the images below. If the options are checked then ‘login’ keychain might be getting locked after some time and that’s why it’s asking for the  password to unlock it whenever it needs to access ‘login’ keychain.

Hope this helps. Please do let us know  if this did not work.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Anand. Yes, you're understanding of my issue is correct. I just tried step 2 (step 1 already having been followed on multiple occasions) and will let you know if the problem returns and step 3 doesn't handle it. (The appearance of the prompts has been fairly random and can occur some time after I have quit the program.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a "v3.services issue on mine...none of these fixes works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joek,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, make sure that you have the latest version Acrobat installed, check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Acrobat.

What is the current dot version of Acrobat installed? To identify refer to  Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

What is the version of the OS installed?

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jerry, for trying the troubleshooting steps. Hope the issue gets fixed.

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received only one prompt after following step 2. I have since then switched from a trial to an ongoing subscription purchased (and downloaded anew) as part of a license through my university. One prompt and nothing since, so in all likelihood problem resolved. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so awesome to hear. Give us a shout if you need any assistance with this or Acrobat/Reader in future.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, the problem has not actually gone away. Today I have received about four such prompts at random times. Lat time it happened I was in Preview with Adobe Acrobat DC also opened, but I can't say whether this is part of any pattern. I have been through all three steps. In Step 2, those boxes were unchecked to begin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jerry,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. I am following up to check is the issue is resolved or you still getting the prompt/pop-up at random times.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. A senior program manager got in touch with me. She said there will be a patch in an upcoming update that should address the issue. The problem does persist, but I elected to wait rather than to install the unofficial patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please note that we have released a patch today that should mitigate the repeated pop-up issue for most configurations. However, there are a few leftover cases for which we are actively working with Apple to address them.

This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-november-29-2017.html

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to have to report that I just got one of those random pop-ups. Acrobat DC was open at the time. I updated yesterday.

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 11.50.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update. Please keep us posted on  the status.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is most annoying and still happening to me. CC says everything is up to day? What now? The box appears for everything I try to do like 100 times every 5 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Verovine,

I am sorry for the trouble you had, if you are still experiencing the issue, I will request you to contact the support team so that they can schedule a remote session for further investigation and assist you in a better manner. For Chat support, use the URL Contact Customer Care

I have also shared  the direct contact details for Call Support by direct message, please check your email inbox.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like verovine, I am getting this prompt constantly and CC says everything is up to date. I am running High Sierra 10.13.5 and Acrobat DC 19.008.20080. I clicked on "contact Customer Care" as you suggested for verovine, but all it offered me was the community forum. Can you suggest anything, Anand?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here!  i updated to Indesign and Photoshop 2019 and since then, i'm going crazy with all the pop-ups.  i'm trying to uninstall everything and start all over again after.  i hope it works because that's a real turn off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so rediculous!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating got me in all sorts of trouble which took weeks for me to sort and finally begin work again thinking I'M NEVER UPDATING AGAIN. And now you are saying we have to update (A G A I N) and risk being messed up again? Just to solve an update issue you have obviously across the board with all users????????????????????? Please explain!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this problem brilliantly:

* Uninstall and not using creative cloud ...

To Adobe: This should not happen. I get this all the time and it can not be stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, not using creative cloud solves the problem? You don't mean unistall the apps like photoshop and indesign, correct? I never thought of that. Do the apps still work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a burdensome glitch, and none of these suggestions works. It seems to be an issue with Macintosh computers only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines