• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop links to email

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I convert a word document to pdf it automatically creates a link to my email address. I can't even delete the link without deleting the email address. When I scan to delete all links in Tools it does not even recognize this link. How do I either stop the link from being auto-created or delete the link without deleting my email address?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can prevent these ad-hoc links from being created by going to Edit (on Windows, or the Acrobat app menu on a Mac) - Preferences - General and ticking off the "Create links from URLs" box, but this will only affect your computer. If someone else opens the file with this option selected, the links will appear for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to disable the link creation by going to your Acrobat ribbon in Word, choosing Preferences, and disabling the Add links option...

BUT

It will stop the creation of ALL links, not just the email address links.

addlinks.png

I was surprised that my test of removing the existing email link did NOT behave as I expected, and I could not merely highlight it with the link editing tool, and tap delete.  The text that remained was still hyperlinked!  But typing over the existing text did work.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because it's not a real link, but one added by the application when it identifies a plain-text URL. See my reply above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a image for the email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or invalidate it, for example by adding a space before the "@" symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines