• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to undo moved tools from toolbar & moved side panel?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since a while (1-2 months) my toolbar and location of the left and right side-panel have changed.

E.G.

• the number of pages and moving a page up or down is moved to the right side-panel;
  • the content of the right side-panel has moved to the left, e.g. bookmarks, tiles;
  • the content of the left side panel has moved to the right, e.g. tools to edit;

I want to change it back. Is that possible or is this the new, enhanced look of Acrobat?

TOPICS
How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Go to File and click on Disable New Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

No, go to the File menu in Acrobat itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File and click on Disable New Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Go to File in Explorer and then right click on the file or where to find a button to Disable New Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, go to the File menu in Acrobat itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I found the button. Very glad to have back the layout I prefer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I was going crazy all day today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If any one is struggling with this, try this Guy who explains well inside one and a half minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFg7iUtKCjk&t=74s

https://www.youtube.com/@TheAccessibilityGuy/videos

This post will walk users through how to turn on and turn off the new version of adobe acrobat pro dc. Blog Post: https://theaccessibilityguy.com/?p=3642 Accessible Document Service:https://theaccessibilityguy.com/document-remediation/ Other PDF ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac users, the selection is under the View menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you thank you thank you. I absolutely hated the new layout of all the tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same as that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! This has been driving me crazy for the past weeks to that extent that I started using Preview, despite having a paid version of Acrobat. This was such an annoying and unnecessary change!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the tip - I really dislike the new but not improved look - but not only that, I could not find the "undo" button anywhere.

very happy to have the old version back 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone for advising for Mac users it's under VIEW menu. Finally got it back to a normal working environment. That was just making me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was HEAVEN sent!! Thank you for this.  You just saved both of my monitor's from getting tossed out the window.  Why keep making updates for tools that work... if it ain't broke please leave it alone!!!! Have a good one everybody. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing - I'm all for updating, but I hate the side bars - I like my resizing etc, at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how would one simply move Bookmarks to the Left Panel without resetting to the previous version? I personally like the new version except that the Left and Right panels are reversed. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option for toolbars on the left or right is a must for all the right and/or left handed/headed people in the world. User's motor skills vary. It's hard to ignore Adobe has quite the monoply for the most used file reader today. Seems like somebody is asleep at the wheel? Invaribaly, I'm testing other PDF apps as time allows. 🙂 It's annoying paying so much in monthly subscription fees for a program requiring work arounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodnes it is that simple. The new layout is useless. Shotgun approach used. why on earthe move scaling etc to bottom right! Think again Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give me the best tutorial or steps how I can go back my tools to the right side of pdf. This is nonsense for  me why it needs to bew change. it is so hard for me. Hope you'll teach me.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To go back to the old UI click the Options button at the top left corner (Windows) or open the View menu (Mac) and select Disable New Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, my... I cannot believe my eyes... "Disable New Acrobat.".  weirdest useful menu selection of all time! Thanks for this. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously a poor design choice—right up there with traditional shortcuts not working between Adobe and Mac OS Monterey. All little things, but annoying and time consuming when you've used these tools for decades.

Adobe, please calm down and stop reinventing things that work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Leandra278114343u9t

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback about the new Acrobat experience. I understand that you're not finding it as intuitive as the previous version, and I want to assure you that we're taking your feedback seriously.

We're always working to improve our products, and your feedback is an important part of that process.

For information about the new Acrobat please check the help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html)

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who came up with the idea to move the toolbar to the bottom and to the right side.  You have to avert your eyes from reading the document as most do which is top to bottom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteAdobe, please calm down and stop reinventing things that work. 

By @annie_hart

Best advice yet for any software company.

I agree wholeheartedly with so many of the comments on this page. Stop messing with design simply because you can. Especially wholesale. Try one change at a time — and, especially, ask people if they want the change before implementing it.

It would help engineers who can't resist tinkering to spend some time with blind people. (No, I'm not blind, but my father-in-law went blind late in life. Really changes your perspective.) If you start rearranging their living space, they can't find things, will trip over your "improvements" (no matter how well intended), and they will resent you for it. Remember, you might know and see the inner workings of the softeware but we're the ones who have to find the silverware in the dark after you've moved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines