• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to write on a PDF document using stylus in a TAB ?

Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a DELL VENUE PRO 11 TAB with a Stylus. I am trying to write some text (as my notes) on a PDF document using Adobe Reader 8.1 & Adobe Acrobat 11, but it's not working.

Can you help me to understand the right procedure of doing this. I just want to use my Stylus to write something on a PDF Page using your applications.

Thank you.

Raju

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rajup70714084

Please refer to the following link and see if that's what you are referring to:

Commenting in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat DC

Let me know if that's not case.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has to count as the kind of the support response that as usual completely misses the mark. He was asking specifically why his pen wasn't working for the purpose of entering text. You might as well have told him to reboot his machine twice for good measure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to disable touch and make notes with stylus (pen) only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out.

Please refer to the information provided in the following community thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/draw-with-stylus-only/td-p/11933406 

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stylus vendor would have to provide the interfacing software to allow the use of the stylus with PDF (ISO 32000-1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to tools and click comment. Once you have the comment menu open, there is an option at the top to "use drawing tool" (click on the pencil).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx. This tip works fine. Thx so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so counterintuitive. I went to click "Fill & Sign" as that seems logical since I'm signing a document and got nowhere. Finally googled and landed here. Thank you mml9995.

Adobe: Are you reading this? Please integrate this into the "Fill & Sign" function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure all you need to do in Acrobat 11 or DC is "fill & Sign" and then click on the Ab symbol, you can then type directly onto the PDF document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately not. it only allows text and signatures not free drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines