• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink to Open Folder

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a hyperlink in a pdf documant that when clicked will open a folder and show all subfolders allowing to choose folder to further drill down. I understand that there is no option to do this within the Acrobat program...it only allows to link to files. I'm hoping some one might be able to help me to accomplish this as I beleive there must be some way to do it...by way of a javascript maybe?...or at least point me to a source that might be able to help. Any help is appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

KG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried this but I think it would work.

You would want to use an anchor link. I "think" this can be done by creating your link, choosing "Open a web page" then pasting in the path to the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would add file:/// in front of the path. The path must be mapped and available to the users in order to function.

Link Tool > Custom Link > Next > Actions > Open a Web Link > Add > type path, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One BIG "Mahalo".  

You don't know how much hours I have work on it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a good tip on another post a while back about how to achieve this. Luckily, I saved it in my archives:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2603257#2603257

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2011 Jan 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, using a .doc to create a hyper link to a folder then exporting to a pdf then copying the link box to your other pdf works.  But if you have rollover effects set up in InDesign this created a button on top of your rollover which is not what I want.  I found a way around this longer process...

In InDesign, Create a "button", Add the action "Open file" under the buttons window, Paste your local path in the "select file" area such as this "\\homer\depts\Documentation\Released\!NYSTROM SALES\Stair Treads & Nosings", now save your document and export as interactive and you should be good to go.

help.gifroll.gif

Jason Funk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kgeor,

I realize this is quite old but I did find a workaround for this that hopefully will help others that come across this post.  What I did to combat this is change the text to a file location such as C:/Photos/me instead of text and created a hyperlink off of that.  Once the link was working the way I wanted I inserted the text that I wanted it to read as in the middle of this hyperlink so it looked like this, "C:/Photos/mheree".  I tested one more time that it had still the original file location and I removed the file path only leaveing the text I had added so the hyperlink just appeared as "here".  Hope this helps someone else!

Zach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines