• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot sign the IMM5257E form from Citizenship and Immigratoin Canada

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a signature box and a date at the second-last page, but nothing can be typed into the signature box. I cannot upload a printed signed scanned copy, nor can I use a signature panel. When I clicked "highlight existing fields", the signature field isn't highlighted. All I got from CIC was automated responses and a shitty video. Does anybody know what's happening?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.pdf

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

So it looks like there are two options, either print and sign like I mentioned before, or somehow apply online. I don't know how the online process works, but they may expect you to upload the completed PDF form the you save. In any case, the form is behaving as they intended it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no signature field. It looks like they expect you to print out the filled-in form and sign it by hand and submit it by mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish that was the case, check this out.

electronicsignature.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it looks like there are two options, either print and sign like I mentioned before, or somehow apply online. I don't know how the online process works, but they may expect you to upload the completed PDF form the you save. In any case, the form is behaving as they intended it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am applying online, which is why I'm having the issue. I have filled out the form on Acrobat reader, they require me to upload it after validation. But since I cannot sign it I'm not sure if I should upload the unsigned form. Are you saying that they don't need me to sign the form if I'm uploading it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what the message that you posted earlier says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, sorry, but what do you mean by "upload the completed PDF form the you save", what changes should I make?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just guessing, but it would make sense for you to save the completed, validated form. I don't know how the online application is done exactly, but they probably allow you to upload the completed form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured a completed form without a signature would get rejected, then I'd lose $100 for nothing. Maybe I should just do it by paper, saves the risk. Thanks for the responses, I appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, 

I have filled out the form, Validated it, and generated barcodes but adobe acrobat does not seem to let me download the file to my computer so that I can upload it online on the site with my application. I have tried every way imaginable. Would you have a solution for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Did you find a way to sign on adobe acrobat? It wont let me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

Would you mind elaborating more about the issue.

Are you trying to sign in to the application or getting the document signed? What happens when you try to do either of those. Do you get any error message? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for more clarity.

We are here for help, just need more info.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines