• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I get an Adobe Acrobat auto-run error message on my desktop when I boot my computer

Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, I get an Adobe Acrobat auto-run error message on my desktop when I boot my computer. A screenshot is shown below. Howdo I kill this auto-run crap? I did not set up an auto-run for this nonsense.

clipboard_image_0.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows OS is issuing this message to inform you that a file named "john" is being opened and Windows does not know which application to use. The window has a list of possible programs from which you need to select one to open the file. Acrobat just happens to be the first application listed.

I would find the file and delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The file name is John. There is no file extension (doc, pdf, etc.). A search for John yields thousands of results since my name is John. So, I have to live with a screwed up error that pops up every time I boot Windows. Time to look at an Apple computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines