• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have created a business card and saved it in PDF. How do I print multiple business cards on one page?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a business card and saved it in PDF. How do I print multiple business cards on one page?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

The way I have done this in the past is to duplicate the business card page in the PDF until you have 10 identical pages.  You will need to have Acrobat Pro, NOT Reader to do this. I hold the control key (cmd on Mac) while dragging the page in the pages panel.  Releasing the mouse button (with the control key still pressed) creates a duplicate page.  Once I have ten pages, I call up the Print dialog, select Multiple, and set the custom settings as shown below.

BC.jpg

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I have done this in the past is to duplicate the business card page in the PDF until you have 10 identical pages.  You will need to have Acrobat Pro, NOT Reader to do this. I hold the control key (cmd on Mac) while dragging the page in the pages panel.  Releasing the mouse button (with the control key still pressed) creates a duplicate page.  Once I have ten pages, I call up the Print dialog, select Multiple, and set the custom settings as shown below.

BC.jpg

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The “print multiple” is a great option, but I prefer composing manually. It, however depends on which tool you used.

If it was Word (to name only the most common), it has a Label printing option.

If you used Indesign, you’re a winner. You can place your Indesign file or your PDF like a graphics ...

In Illustrator, it’s the same. Place your graphic on a new document and duplicate as much as needed.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. You definitely know your stuff. I appreciate the help! Have a super weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It was most helpful. Hope you have a super day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simpler way is with Avery templates. I was a bit skeptical, but I had bought their perforated business cards, so after trying a few things i went to their web site.  They have a template, exactly what InDesign should be providing, to lay out the cards on one page.  It was easy enough to print two sided from there.  You can even get them printed professionally from Avery which I'm probably going to do on heavier card when I'm settled on my design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave__M ‘s method does not give you control about placement.

If you use Avery’s templates or any other ones in Indesign, you are doing what I suggested Re: I have created a business card and saved it in PDF. How do I print multiple business cards on on... .

When doing professional print, look at the prices. There are companies specialized in this type of printing and they provide good prices and quality. The most expensive piece of your bc is currently design, at least when using a bc for a one man buisness.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to not work for me. I thought it was printer (HP Envy 5540 on Windows 10) but I tried printing to PDF and still prints one business card per page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error on my part. The tip above does work. It was (my) user error. I had to select all pages then it worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have my business card on word and I would like to print on my Avery templatae using Adobe as word can not print on Avery templates any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines