• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

in adobe pro, how to sign the document MYSELF and then send for eSignatures

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to digitally sign my document with my Adobe eSignature and then request eSignatures.  However, when I do this, my eSignature is wiped, even if I have saved the document with said eSignature.  Is this possible?

If not, then I'd like to be able to eSign it MYSELF prior to sending.  I do not want to have to add my email address and then, like the other signing party, receive an email and have to spend more time.  However, on the Request eSignatures screen, I do not even see a choice to sign first or last, which is what I see in Adobe Sign, which I assume is a different product. 

Guidance?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hn10868820,

Thank you for reaching out.

You may sign the document first when you send the document for signature. Please use the following steps:

1. Open Acrobat and go to the Request E-signatures tool.

2. Add your email address as the first recipient and then the other recipient's email.

3. Click on the More options.

MeenakshiNegi_1-1675437453624.png

4. Now, on the next page, ensure that you mark the box for Preview & Add Signature Fields.

5 On the next page, you may add the form fields and click on the "Sign, then Send" button.

MeenakshiNegi_0-1675437401749.png

So you will be able to add a signature then and there. You will not have to follow the process like other recipients. 

Hope the information helps.

Thanks,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi:
Thank you for your guidance. At number 4 above, I did not see any clickwrap or check the box for preview and add signature fields (notably, the latter was done automatically when clicking the form field on the left side).  Could you please provide me with a screen shot with further guidance?

~~~~

Specifics following guidance:

1. Done with no comment
  2. Done with comment:  I kept the recipient's signature in the to field (and not a cc).
  3. Done with comment:  When clicked on more options, taken to Request E-Sigatures at the "Add signers" prior to "Specify where to fill and sign."   (a)  There are essentially four fields:  i) Recipeients ii) Message iii) Options (slightly greyed but not greyed out) and (iv) Files.  (b) I noticed in the Recipients field there is an Add Me hyperlink.  Had I not added my name initially (which was in the number 1 position), could I have also simply clicked Add Me?  (c)  Notably, the only options on this page deal with Password Protect and Set Reminder. 
  4. Your guidance reads "on the next page."  Since in number 3 above there is no reference to Preview and Add Signature Fields, I clicked on the blue button, "next."  Once that occurs, I am taken to the "Specify where to fill and sign."  (a)  This is where I click on the form fields.  (b) Notably, I have to add a name field bc that is missing and though a signature field is missing in my signature block, I do not add.  (c) I see nothing anywhere about add preview and Add SIgnature Fields are under the Signature Fields drop down menu but no box to check. (d) the drop down menus (since Advanced Editing is toggled) are: i) Recipients ii) Signature Fields iii) Signer Info Fields iv) Data Fields v) More Fields vi) Transaction Fields.  In none of these fields do I find a box for add previous or add signature fields.  Hopefully, these specifics help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey hn10868820,

Sorry about the delay in response.

Here is the screenshot of the option in the number 4 line. 

MeenakshiNegi_0-1676302274702.png

It would be helpful if you could share the screen recording to better understand. That will help us to understand the workflow you do and provide you with the correct information on that basis. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines