Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation Failed: Adobe Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to install Adobe Acrobat Reader (free version) on my Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7.

Whenever I get nearly to the end of the installation process, I receive the following error:  "The Installation Failed.  The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.  Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

I have already tried most of the basic recommended trouble-shooting.  I previously had Adobe Acrobat Pro on my computer, which I fully uninstalled.  I deleted all previous install packages and emptied the trash.  I rebooted the computer.  I also tried to install Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, which also failed with an 136 Error Code.

I specifically need Adobe Acrobat Reader to follow precise instructions from my book publisher for editing manuscripts, and the work is due in a few days.  I would be so grateful for some assistance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TaylorBrownAuthor 

Adobe Staff says on this thread that the error has to do with a corrupted registry entry

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/error-code-136-wont-download-trials/m-p/7406417

Contact Adobe Customer Care for help with this issue:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jane,

Unfortunately, it won't let me contact Adobe Customer Care for help, since I don't have a paid subscription. All I can get is the virtual assistant, which is no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines