• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Acrobat XI Pro to a new PC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have just swapped to a new computer. I deactivated the Acrobat XI Pro on my old computer before uninstalling, I have reinstalled to my new computer successfully using the existing software disc, but when trying to open Acrobat XI Pro on my new machine I get an error saying "Serial Number you provided is valid, but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer" - Acrobat XI Pro is not an option on the "Product" dropdown menu and if I try to enter the serial number from the packaging I get an error saying "This serial number is not for a qualifying product. Please try another". Please can you help me get Acrobat XI Pro back?!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

You must find the old serial number. Without it you can't use the upgrade version you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the forum for the free Acrobat Reader.

When you got XI on your old machine, was it an upgrade from an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe so, but I do not have the original install details (version/serial number, etc.) as I inherited the machine from a colleague!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must find the old serial number. Without it you can't use the upgrade version you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Question moved to the Installing, Updating, & Subscribing to Acrobat forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the correct serial number but the Adobe list of products doesn't include Acrobat XI Pro. Just standard  and older.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain your situation in more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled Acrobat XI Pro from the old computer and downloaded it from Adobe. I had first  bought the progrram in 2012, then updated it a couple of years ago. I put in the 2018 serial number and got the reported message. I've since found the earlier SN, and uninstalled the program but it didn't want a SN, just thanked me for the free 30 day trial. It's not opening when I double click the icon. I've opened it as administrator, but it didn't work properly. It created one pdf, but now it doesn't open at all. I'm using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 7, up from Surface Pro 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly did you download it from? Adobe removed the installers from the public website. They are only available if you purchased it as a download originally, from under you account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downloaded from:

esd.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/legacy/99CABBAC-C975-4A06-8D99-064C6871EE80/APRO/11/win32/AcrobatPro_11_Web_WWMUI.exe

From my Adobe account and order history. Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote before, that means your license is an upgrade, so after entering the serial number you need to also enter the serial number of an earlier qualifying version, so of course the version you install will not appear in the list of products. Without it you can't use the application. Hopefully you registered that earlier version too, and if so it should appear under your Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have anything earlier than the first XI Pro. The previous was probably on a CD, it doesn't show on my Adobe account and I have no CD player. I'd say it's a modern catch 22. Not a great way to deal with a customer of at least two decades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how it's a "catch-22"... You bought a version that is heavily discounted because you had a previous full license, so it's completely normal that you're asked to prove that you indeed have such a license (by entering its serial number during the installation) when you want to use it. If you can't do that then you can't use what you bought. Otherwise no one will buy the full license, only the upgrade versions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me, except I KNOW my version is full. The only difference is that mine was bought with an education discount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly true.  We have several of the FULL version licenses for Acrobat Pro XI and get the same message.  These are the original licenses purchased thru Adobe directly for XI Pro full version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're getting that version it means the serial number you're using is for an upgrade license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines