• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive buttons in acrobat question

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm trying to create a simple interactive pdf, i've created layers then added buttons with 'set layer visibilty' for both layers, however when I click on the button to take me to the next layer it leaves a dotted line bounding box were the original button was, is there a way of hiding these bounding boxes?Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 11.08.31.pngScreenshot 2022-12-19 at 11.08.19.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but it's a setting of the application. It won't "travel" with your file, so someone else who views it might still have see them. To disable it go to Edit (on Windows) or the Acrobat app menu (on a Mac) - Preferences - Forms and tick off the box next to "Show focus rectangle".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. This can also be done using a script that can be embedded in the file, but I would be careful doing so without informing the user of this change first, as it will apply to all other files they open, too, not just to yours...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou that worked for me, but such a shame that you can't embed into the pdf for when my client opens it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You could place an alert in document-level of your document then set the focus rectangle such as before opening when you close it!:

// Document-Level Script
theFocusRect=app.focusRect;
if (theFocusRect==true) {
	var answer=app.alert({
		cMsg: "Do you want to turn the focus rectangle off?",
		cTitle: "Turns the focus rectangle off",
		nIcon: 2,
		nType: 2
	});
	if (answer==4) app.focusRect=false;
}

// Document Actions - Document Will Close
app.focusRect=theFocusRect;

@+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would add instructions on how to enable it manually later on, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help on this, I'm a little bit out of my depth on this, where do I paste that code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find both places with the JavaScript tool:

Capture_d’écran_2022-12-19_à_16_53_41.pngCapture_d’écran_2022-12-19_à_16_54_09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if I could annoy you one last time, my document will have about 10 layers eventually, is it possible to have button fields that a only active on certain layers or does it have to be active on every layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fields generated with Acrobat are not located on layers but on the Acrobat pages.

It is possible the show/hide these fields in accordance with the visibility of layers but you will need to write scripts to allow that...

@+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interactive elements created on InDesign layers will only be active when the pdf layer (actually sub-layer) is visible in Acrobat. I believe buttons created in Acrobat will always be on the top layer, unless this can be altered using a script. Also, interactive pdfs should only be viewed with Acrobat or Reader, as many pdf viewers don't respect layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines