• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is Acrobat X Standard compatible with Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 on it.  I have Acrobat X Standard which I purchased in 2012.

I'd like to know if this version of Acrobat will run on the Windows 10 computer.  I've read some reviews here and there and they said that this version is not compatible with Windows 10 but I'd like to be sure before I try to load it to my laptop.

Has anyone loaded Acrobat X standard to a Windows 10 computer?  Does it work?

I only use Acrobat X to print to pdf and then edit the document by inserting a text box or highlighting information.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Hi carolyna7118679,

Acrobat X is not compatible with Windows 10, features may or may not work.

Please check the system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/system-requirements-acrobat-family-products.html

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carolyna7118679,

Acrobat X is not compatible with Windows 10, features may or may not work.

Please check the system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/system-requirements-acrobat-family-products.html

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 is also "not compatible" with Windows 10, I got it working. So, you might be interested in how I got my Acrobat 8 Pro working in Windows 10. Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.0 working in Windows 10   

Adobe 8 and Win 10 in Acrobat Installation & Update Issues

Here is the tool I refereed to:   Adobe Acrobat removal tool to completely remove Reader DC  Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

If you are interested in updates, just drill down under Win for your version.  where do i find the acrobat 8.1 download? in Acrobat Installation & Update Issues‌    

Because you are interested in printing to .pdf, there is a work around but it only prints, it does not allow you to edit. Adobe PDF printer not working in Windows 10

Learned Man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first I was unable to launch Acrobat X Pro (Installed with CS6) in Windows 10. Here is how I got it to work:

Run this patch: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html

Set compatibility mode to Windows 7 in the properties of the actual Acrobat.exe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the page available in English?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, where can I find Patch file -- Acrofix.zip ? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

finally!!! thanks very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ITS FULLY COMPATIBLE \ CORRECT SOLUTION:

1. Install official Microsoft Compatibility Administrator found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install#adkwin10

2. start "Compatibility Administrator (64-bit).exe" in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Kits\Windows ADK\Application Compatibility Toolkit\Developer and Tester Tools\

3. expand "System Database" > expand "Applications" > find and click "adobe creative suit 6" > on the right window "right" click pdapp.exe "Disable Entry"

4. Run Acrobat X Pro, now insted of crashing it will show a "new" adobe activation agreement (this is what was crashing the acrobat x pro), you can now accept it and Acrobat X Pro runs with 0 issues now (no need for any compatibly modes). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrey,

I just tried this...

Win 10 22H1, installed the latest SDK (labled 2004 and later). I get to the Pdapp entry but no way to set anything. Nothing is displayed, right click (1 or 2) do nothing, neither does left click.

I note it is running in Read-only mode. Tried run as admin but the same.

I still get "Trial or by" (trial is for about 100 yrs) then crashes.

Any ideas?

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make sure it's updated to 10.1.16. However, you can no longer download updates to Acrobat X. If it will run for long enough you can try updating from the Help menu (the updater will keep running after a crash).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory you can, from Adobe's FTP site, but it has frequent issues with too many users being connected to it, making it unavailable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked. Done on 2 machines and seems stable. Had to be quick getting to Help/update...

Thanks again.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works on my Surface running Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines