• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to insert a jpeg signature?

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some way that we can insert a jpeg of a signature into a pdf document?  I've tried the "sign document" and "attach signature" function in Adobe X Standard but they seem to want a digital signature.  Thanks for your help on this.  Our users have Adobe Acrobat X Standard.  If you need any other information, please let me know.  I wasn't sure which community to ask in, so I picked the one for editing.  If this should go somewhere else, please feel free.  Thanks. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Hi Katherine,

I see a solution to your requirements with Custom Stamps. As you mentioned that the users have their handwritten signature as a JPEG file. So we will use this JPEG file for creating signatures in PDF without using Digital Signature option.

Convert the JPEG file to PDF with Acrobat application.

Crop it if in case there is extra white space in the resultant PDF file with Crop tool.

Now open the Comments tool on the right.

comment_toolbar_new.png

(This above image is for DC and will be of a different view in X)

Cl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please go through the following tutorial once.

Is this what you are looking for?

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-do-i-add-a-scanned-signature-to-a-digital-signature

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was really helpful, thanks, however, when I’m inserting the signature, my issue is that the users don’t have an existing digital signature. They don’t want a “digital signature”. I select “Sign Document”, set up the signature box and when I input the name of the signature I saved under the security, it says the file doesn’t exist. If I Browse for the signature, I do not have the option of locating a jpeg. It only looks for P12 or pfx documents.

Katherine Johnson

Help Desk Tech | Fulton & Company LLP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katherine,

I see a solution to your requirements with Custom Stamps. As you mentioned that the users have their handwritten signature as a JPEG file. So we will use this JPEG file for creating signatures in PDF without using Digital Signature option.

Convert the JPEG file to PDF with Acrobat application.

Crop it if in case there is extra white space in the resultant PDF file with Crop tool.

Now open the Comments tool on the right.

comment_toolbar_new.png

(This above image is for DC and will be of a different view in X)

Click on Stamp Icon and from the drop down select Custom Stamps > Create

From the dialog box select the signature PDF file.

Select the Custom Stamp Category (For example: Sign here) and provide a name.

This will add the signature as a stamp.

To add the signature go to Stamps > (Stamp Type) > Sign Stamp

Apply it on the document.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be the solution! I have two issues:

1. I can’t seem to make it so that the background of the stamp doesn’t cover up text already on the page (make background transparent) without affecting the signature. I don’t know how to do that; and

2. The sizing seems to be difficult to establish – the first one I tried the signature was tiny and the second one took up a whole page. I could resize once the stamp was on the page, but it would be nice to have a saved size that works, but I can’t see where I can affect the size.

Thanks so much for your help. *k

Katherine Johnson

Help Desk Tech | Fulton & Company LLP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Katherine,

Lets discuss both of your concerns one by one.

1.If you would like to make the background of the stamp as transparent you need to select a PNG file whose background is transparent. So this is possible with applications like Photoshop.

2.For sizing the stamp you can check the image fill at 100% and you can resize there only before bring it to PDF. For this also you need to make changes using an Image editing app.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines